Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, sne said:

Add in a sell on clause and or a buy back price. 

A buy back clause would be shrewd. 

8 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

We paid 24m for Tyrone Mings off half a good season in the championship after years of being crocked. If Nottingham get promoted, surely we should be pushing for a figure not too far off from that for a younger Keinan Davis.

Edit: I should add, strikers are traditionally more expensive too.

Easily 20 million. And clauses. Other teams that get promoted will be interested as well. And teams that stay up.

1 hour ago, MellbergsBeard said:

The problem with going to sell him is there isn’t as much money in the championship as there used to be. Hopefully forest get promoted and pick him up

Leeds or Everton might have some - Norwich might be interested too. 

I think it'd be nice for Forest if they were able to pick him up next season - but there are a lot more options than returning to Villa or signing for Forest - and we'll need to go with the one that works best for us.

Personally, unless we're buying a striker in the summer, I'd bring him back here, especially if we're going to look to continue with two up top. 

Given a choice between one or the other, I'd take Davis over Archer.

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Leeds or Everton might have some - Norwich might be interested too. 

I think it'd be nice for Forest if they were able to pick him up next season - but there are a lot more options than returning to Villa or signing for Forest - and we'll need to go with the one that works best for us.

Personally, unless we're buying a striker in the summer, I'd bring him back here, especially if we're going to look to continue with two up top. 

Given a choice between one or the other, I'd take Davis over Archer.

Norwich almost certainly will be due to Smith.

It's a difficult choice between the two. Archer has plenty more time to grow and doesn't have that underlying worry of injuries, but Davis is a more complete forward as things stand. It's one of those 'for the summer' decisions, I think. Need to wait and see how things pan out. 

• Like 2

On 13/03/2022 at 15:13, lexicon said:

Norwich almost certainly will be due to Smith.

It's a difficult choice between the two. Archer has plenty more time to grow and doesn't have that underlying worry of injuries, but Davis is a more complete forward as things stand. It's one of those 'for the summer' decisions, I think. Need to wait and see how things pan out. 

For me I’d keep Davis, loan Archer to a Prem team. But I’d make Davis compete properly for a starting position.

• Like 1

Hoping his form for Forest means can decent a fee for him in the summer with either a buy back/sell on clause if he goes on to do well. Not sure his ever going to be good enough for a team aiming to finish top half of the Premier League and his not going to get a look in over Ings/Watkins.

14 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I honestly think "thinking Keinan Davis is shit" is like the ultimate barometer of how you tell if somebody isn't knowledgeable about football.

In your opinion, just because you don’t agree with somebody doesn’t mean your ultimate barometer is correct.  

Keinan Davis isnt a PL level striker, he’s found his level and I’m chuffed for him.  

Hopefully he avoids injury, can move there permanently in the summer and we get a nice fat fee for him but people who don’t think he’s very good have likely just as much knowledge about football as you, some more, some less.

40 minutes ago, nick76 said:

In your opinion, just because you don’t agree with somebody doesn’t mean your ultimate barometer is correct.  

Keinan Davis isnt a PL level striker, he’s found his level and I’m chuffed for him.  

Hopefully he avoids injury, can move there permanently in the summer and we get a nice fat fee for him but people who don’t think he’s very good have likely just as much knowledge about football as you, some more, some less.

Yeah but clearly you don't think he's shit. I was referencing the people saying he is a donkey who wouldn't start in League 1, and people, such as the one I was quoting, who would sell him on a free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

So do you not think Davis performed well at PL level then?

33 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

So do you not think Davis performed well at PL level then?

Not at all.  We had a few flashes here and there but certainly not to say he can play at PL level for any regular football or as back up.  He always looked like his level was not at PL level and then on top of that he doesn’t score, didn’t get in positions to score and wasn’t providing assists.  The PL defenders played him easily whereas the level below he can bully them more, use his strength more and have that extra second to score a goal.  He’ll be a great asset to Forest, using his all round game against less quality players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not at all.  We had a few flashes here and there but certainly not to say he can play at PL level for any regular football or as back up.  He always looked like his level was not at PL level and then on top of that he doesn’t score, didn’t get in positions to score and wasn’t providing assists.  The PL defenders played him easily whereas the level below he can bully them more, use his strength more and have that extra second to score a goal.  He’ll be a great asset to Forest, using his all round game against less quality players.

PL defenders did not 'play him easily'. He caused havoc pretty much whenever he played. Once he finds a goalscoring touch, he'll be one hell of a player.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

PL defenders did not 'play him easily'. He caused havoc pretty much whenever he played. Once he finds a goalscoring touch, he'll be one hell of a player.

I think you need to examine what is required from our players....

....From where we have come from to where we are going.....is a whole different ball game.

some players we have hung our hat on, will be deemed as limited, on this journey.

Edited by TRO

Theres a huge gulf between championship football and the Premier League. Look at Mitrovic, 35 goals already this season yet only 3 last season in the Premier League.  i think he could have a very decent career but not with us. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you need to examine what is required from our players....

....From where we have come from to where we are going.....is a whole different ball game.

some players we have hung our hat on, will be deemed as limited, on this journey.

I agree. Watkins for example.

However, Davis has pace, power, workrate, a good touch, can dribble a bit, and can bring people into play.

If he learns a bit more about goalscoring positions and improves his composure, his game won't have many limitations at all.

Â