Pre-Match Thread

BOF

Got to say I think  Garde picks the right team every week. I'm going to really miss him if he does walk either now or at the end of the season.

I like him and would love to see what he could do with the right backing and players.

Saying that I think tonight we will get tonked 3-0

8 minutes ago, matrim said:

Westwood injured?

It was 1-1 and we should have won in December. Hopefully we can do it today

He is unfortunately.

One fit recognised centre forward who hasn't properly played there for 4 years and none on the bench. Imagine if there had been a small window of time where you could buy the registration of a striker from a different club or borrow one for a short while, we'd have a much better chance. Such is football that nothing of that nature exists and we have to carry on with the squad we compiled in the summer. 

Wait, who is this Emenike gentleman at West Ham? He wasn't there a few days ago?

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

Gabby, you can do this tonight. You were born a Villan and may have lost your way a little, but you have pace and you have power in abundance. Use it Gabby. Play to your strengths and tear the Hammers to shreds. COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS!!! #GreatEscape

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Wait, who is this Emenike gentleman at West Ham? He wasn't there a few days ago?

It seems there was something called a "Transfer Window" that ended recently but no-one told Villa about it. :(

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Villa this season have had a squad of expensive talented players for the most part. The problem was that a lot of them were new to the league and they hadn't played together before. You can't buy a load of decent players and hope that they are all able to immediately compete in the top league in England. Remi is looking like he has managed to introduce the new players to league, with the benefit of all the games previous that we lost, but also he has bestowed a greater understanding of how to anticipate each others' play and movement. So from that point of view, now that we have a certain degree of stability, I'm quietly confident that we're not going to get tanked here today. Yeah we might lose by an odd goal, but as we've finally cleared the hurdle of being a team that basically lost every single game they're involved in, we can start running towards the finish line, always twirling twirling, and maybe win. Or draw