Steven Hollis

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just read the transcript. I honestly cannot believe he called supporters "customers" i am glad a fan shouted back we are not customers we are supporters.

What a imbecile

Can't believe he, an Englishmen, who apparently is a big football fan, said that.

I'm guessing he's a football fan in the same way Cameron is.

57 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just read the transcript. I honestly cannot believe he called supporters "customers" i am glad a fan shouted back we are not customers we are supporters.

What a imbecile

Wheres the transcript?

1 hour ago, useless said:

I only saw a one minute clip of what he's said, but based on that I'd say that reaction to it on here and other fan sites seems to be an overreaction. Not really sure what else he can come out with to be honest. I wish him luck, with Lerner still owning the club, he'll need it.

Exactly, he's been here 5 minutes at a club that's sinking, I'm willing to give him a bit more time to see what happens.  I assume it's not going to be fun to watch if Randy is pulling the plug completely but someone has to do the job.  Everyone is angry and frustrated but Hollis seems a bit of a soft target for it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He didn't call us customers. 

He said

"Every business I have ever been involved in is only as good as the service you provide for your customer, the relationship that you have with your customer and suppliers. "

he's clearly talking about all of the businesses he's been involved in. 

A supporter called him out on using the word customer and he clarified:

"My apologies for using the word ‘customer’. It was directed at previous businesses who have never actually had supporters."

Absolutely nothing in that. Yet that seems to be what people are focusing on.

Barmy.

Typical over reaction without actually knowing the facts.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Reading the transcript it's fair to say I hate this guy already, however no where near as much as I hate Randy Lerner. 

:crylaugh:

why?

I just don't get it. Why do people hate this guy so much when he's not done anything yet?

Reading the full transcript he states we spent £60 million pounds this summer (not NET obviously) but I will allow him that spin but he then states we spent £60 million the previous season................really?

Apart from the 5 Freebies we signed Cissokho for £2m, Sanchez £4.7m & Gil £3.2m, Bowery went for £250k and Ahmadi £700k.

I make that less than £9m not £60m

9 hours ago, SeanO said:

Again wtf, re my above post.

On topic, what is Hollis talking about "infrastructure"? 

I know what the word means but what is he referring to changing if not player's???

Every time I read his comments I get more pissed off.

He's talking precisely about the sort of thing that makes no difference to what really, really matters, results on the pitch. 

Just now, mykeyb said:

Reading the full transcript he states we spent £60 million pounds this summer (not NET obviously) but I will allow him that spin but he then states we spent £60 million the previous season................really?

Apart from the 5 Freebies we signed Cissokho for £2m, Sanchez £4.7m & Gil £3.2m, Bowery went for £250k and Ahmadi £700k.

No he didn't. He was talking about last summer on both occasions. I assume he was emphasising his point.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He didn't call us customers. 

He said

"Every business I have ever been involved in is only as good as the service you provide for your customer, the relationship that you have with your customer and suppliers. "

he's clearly talking about all of the businesses he's been involved in. 

A supporter called him out on using the word customer and he clarified:

"My apologies for using the word ‘customer’. It was directed at previous businesses who have never actually had supporters."

Absolutely nothing in that. Yet that seems to be what people are focusing on.

Barmy.

Nope not in my eyes. He was covering his arse. A better and more professional way of answering the question to appease already angry fans Stevo would have been him relating it back to Villa. Something like "Every business I have ever been involved in is only as good as the service you provide for your customer, so in my current role the results on the pitch to appease our great supporters/fan base"

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Nope not in my eyes. He was covering his arse. A better and more professional way of answering the question to appease already angry fans Stevo would have been him relating it back to Villa. Something like "Every business I have ever been involved in is only as good as the service you provide for your customer, so in my current role the results on the pitch to appease our great supporters/fan base"

Come on Demitri, for **** sake.

This is just total nonsense.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No he didn't. He was talking about last summer on both occasions. I assume he was emphasising his point.

In the last ten years Randy has spent the third most amount of money. This club has spent £60m in the summer. Last summer it spent £60m on players.

Spin or badly phrased?

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

I wish they would stop stating that we spent £60m in the summer.  We didn't. Well technically we did, but the figure that matters is the NET figure.  Which I think was around £10m. That's probably not accurate but it doesn't really matter.  The point is we have spent about the same or less in most of the last few seasons.

I don't have the accounts to hand but I reckon that the club could probably cover most of the £10m without randy having to contribute very much personally.

Its either spin from Hollis , or he really doesn't understand much at all, in which case we are in even more trouble.

It doesn't matter if we spend 60m on a number of new players, if we lose 3 or 4 for £50m.  The overall team quality doesn't change much, if anything it has gone down.

And to say money doesn't matter in today's premier league is baffling....Man City a good example ? any of the top 4/5 really..

Our normal summer is to spend net £10m on a number of players, whilst teams such as Arsenal might spend £40m on Ozil alone.  Money really doesn't matter does is steven ?  Maybe that is why we are currently bottom of the league, about to get relegated.

Of course lots of things need to be fixed, but its clear this guy is here to try and give the impression things are being fixed whilst spending NO money.  All the rhetoric about everything needing to change except the investment levels means we are heading straight to league 1 gents.....

Â