The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Rugeley Villa

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

I like Elliot Smith but that is a spectacularly unimaginative cover of a spectacularly dull B**tles dirge

I think he was just playing around with mixing tracks and seeing how close he could come to duplicating the original.  The covers I’ve heard him do (.e.g, Thirteen) haven’t appeared to be attempts to put a new spin on things, just a guy playing songs by others that he likes.

Well this Cud have gone in a number of topics

This came up in a playlist, no problem, the track is great but it came up labelled as being on a compilation album of the bands material… all good so far… but it was also labelled as “previously unreleased” Yep that made me a little terse, it was released both on the Strange Fruit label with the rest of the session and it was released on an album of all the bands Peel sessions (the  o er of which is in the video below)

Anyway have a cover version of Hot Chocolate

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well this Cud have gone in a number of topics

This came up in a playlist, no problem, the track is great but it came up labelled as being on a compilation album of the bands material… all good so far… but it was also labelled as “previously unreleased” Yep that made me a little terse, it was released both on the Strange Fruit label with the rest of the session and it was released on an album of all the bands Peel sessions (the  o er of which is in the video below)

Anyway have a cover version of Hot Chocolate

One of my favourites during my uni years. Saw them a few times, the first of which was supporting the Weddoes in Brum.

Still enjoy listening to them from time to time and When in Rome Kill Me is still a belting album to this day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I never realised this has been a fairly popular track to cover.

The lack of Siouxsie's wail and delivery makes it very a strangely different song when others do it.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 3

Â