Pre-Match thread

John

Universal praise for the team in here - I hope everyone remembers that if we lose!

I hope it's Gana and Veretout in the middle, with Bacuna right, Gil as no.10 and Grealish left. Get the ball wide and cross it in, and get some bodies in the box to support Rudy.

If we get some decent crosses in the box, we will win this. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Universal praise for the team in here - I hope everyone remembers that if we lose!

I hope it's Gana and Veretout in the middle, with Bacuna right, Gil as no.10 and Grealish left. Get the ball wide and cross it in, and get some bodies in the box to support Rudy.

Picking the team is just one aspect of football management. Me and you could pick a popular team each week. That doesn't make us football managers. It doesn't get a free pass because you picked a team most fans agree with. 

I'm happy with it and if we lose but played well and were positive I won't criticise. But if we lose, have no fight, sit back and don't make subs then criticism IMO will be fair. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Picking the team is just one aspect of football management. Me and you could pick a popular team each week. That doesn't make us football managers. It doesn't get a free pass because you picked a team most fans agree with. 

I'm happy with it and if we lose but played well and were positive I won't criticise. But if we lose, have no fight, sit back and don't make subs then criticism IMO will be fair. 

In that situation, criticism of tactics and approach would be fair, but not the actual starting lineup.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Not universal. Looks a last throw move to me. No blame on Garde though as he is working with rubbish

I think Remi has given up on getting any of his teams to attack ..... so he has picked a team that doesn't know how to do anything else. This could be fun and whatever the result, credit to Remi for going for it !!!