Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

On 30/12/2015 at 01:25, Zatman said:

We really need a nasty midfielder who not afraid to get stuck in and do the dirty things and leave a leg in challenges. Think last one we had was probably Sidwell or Herd

our midfield is too light and friendly and why teams walk all over us

I said in the January speculation thread that I think that should be the number one priority. I genuinely think that would have a huge effect.

Think Carlos Sanchez, but actually good.

26 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think we should try and sign Jedinak for some midfield steel. 

That would be an excellent shout, and one that's been previously mentioned (by myself and others) as he wasn't playing for Palace.

Although he seems to have come back into favour recently.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Does anyone think we have a chance of staying up? I still do, I know I'm in the minority

I have accepted it's more likely than not that we're done for. I still have a part of me that still believes that we'll survive. It will be like winning a major trophy to me if we were to turn it round now though. Would so love to stick two fingers up to all those pundits who've had us written off for weeks. 

• Like 1

seeing as we dont really know what league we will be in next season (well, we do but alot of people are in denial) its along shot of who we should be linked with.

however, over the next two windows, we need a new keeper, right back, centre back, left winger and a striker, with the following players shown the exit, Guzan, Bunn, Hutton, Richards, Richardson, NZogbia, Cole, Kozak and dare i say it, Agbonlahor.

1 hour ago, AndyBM said:

seeing as we dont really know what league we will be in next season (well, we do but alot of people are in denial) its along shot of who we should be linked with.

however, over the next two windows, we need a new keeper, right back, centre back, left winger and a striker, with the following players shown the exit, Guzan, Bunn, Hutton, Richards, Richardson, NZogbia, Cole, Kozak and dare i say it, Agbonlahor.

You'd sell Richards ? Not sure I would just yet. I'd keep Bunn as 2nd/3rd choice keeper Agree with the rest. I'd add Gil to that list also personally will always flatter to deceive. Crespo will go back to Spain. 

I also wouldn't "dare to say agnonlahor" I'd say it with conviction that he needs to leave ASAP 

Edited by thabucks

I am very doubtful we are going to SIGN our way out of this.

when you look at Spurs... Ali &  Kane have emerged from a decent Spurs team.....sure Ali was signed but he has developed too,in a nuturing environment.

I think we have the creative players, we need some players of substance.....some "Dogs of War"

We need a David Speedie (type)up front a nasty little Jack Russell" to upset defenders.....We have tried the "Galloping Galoots" they just slow you down and get in the way.Top centre halves just negate them.

Richards needs to go back home to Full Back and stop pretending he is a CB

Edited by TRO

• 1 month later...

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2016-02-24/aston-villa-is-de-club-die-het-meest-concreet-is-voor-laurent-depoitre

From google translate:

"Keep it to proclaim Laurent Depoitre at Tottenham." A message from a British broker yesterday evening. Tottenham is clear not at all interested in the striker of Ghent, but a low kite from the Premier League though.

On the last night sat Youth League match Anderlecht scout Aston Villa who is responsible for Belgium, France and Netherlands. And the man told us that they are indeed interested in the powerful striker of the Buffalos. But not for the announced 15 million euros.

In England they indeed laugh when they hear that for a player of 28 who contract one more year. A transfer fee of around 8 million seems to be much more realistic. That Depoitre going to leave in the summer Ghent, seems to be established. The striker has made his intentions very clear across the board.

Championship?

At 28, it is the last chance to get started in a bigger league. Aston Villa, which is on the brink of relegation(16 points, seven less than the number 19 Sunderland) , would see a gain for him in The Championship.

The alleged interest from Tottenham seems serious manager talking again. "Depoitre does not fit the Tottenham system very quickly to play with a lot of movement," it sounds across the Channel.

Actually a better translation is here:

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/aston-villa/villas-interest-in-striker-confirmed-by-scout-2064235.html

Edited by mwj