Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

If Gestede is injured then expect to see Ayew up top and Bacuna on the right with De Laet coming in. 

I'd be happy with that! Especially away from home. Kozak showed he isn't good enough. 

56 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Am I actually reading this? Schweinsteiger is 32 (2 days older than Jedinak) and people would actually turn their noses up at him while we're in the Championship?! Don't get me wrong, there's absolutely zero chance of him coming, but the fact that multiple posters think he would be a poor signing is mind-boggling!

He is awful, past it, in my opinion of course, but like you say would never in a million Messi's join us so there's no debate here. Next.

1 hour ago, Hoof hearted said:

Typing was and is in capitals doesn't make it true. Barton is mediocre at best and Swiensteigger(sp?) has been over rated for his entire career. Just because Utd bought him doesn't make him good. Too old anyway, next.

Schweinsteiger has just turned 32, how old is the midfielder we just signed again?

(2 days older)

Typing was and is in capitals doesn't make it true. Barton is mediocre at best and Swiensteigger(sp?) has been over rated for his entire career. Just because Utd bought him doesn't make him good. Too old anyway, next.

Schweinsteiger overated? 

I know he is no Gary Gardner but you can't see he wasn't a class player.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DK82 said:

AgentDave's wife: I think this is it, the pains,I tihink the baby is coming Dave!

AgentDave sits on twitter, looking over his shoulder occasionally as his wife struggles with her overnight bags.

AgenDave's wife: Dave, please, call the hospital, we need to...

AgentDave interrupts his wife's angered cries: "I don't want to worry you love, but I think you're pregnant"

AgentDave's Wife's Funeral:

Vicar: "Today we mourn the light in everybody's eyes: AgentDave's Wife."

*coffin lowered*

AgentDave: "I don't want to worry you, my beautiful wife, but you look a little ill to me. Nevermind, let's have sex"

• Like 3

West Ham United have rejected a bid from Aston Villa to sign Enner Valencia with the Premier League club determined to bring in another striker before they will consider letting him go.

Meanwhile manager Slaven Bilic confirmed, as reported by Telegraph Sport, that West Ham hope to take Wilfried Bony on loan until January.The Manchester City striker is understood to already have a deal in place to move to the cash-rich Chinese Super League when their transfer window opens at the turn of the year and is set to go out on loan before that.

West Ham paid around £12 million for the 26-year-old and would, at least, want their money back. Another forward, Diafra Sakho, is still expected to leave West Ham before the window closes. A deal for him to move to West Bromwich Albion broke down earlier in the summer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/24/west-ham-reject-aston-villas-bid-for-enner-valencia-with-slaven/

From the Telegraph, but not from Percy. Would be surprised if he was our first choice target.

Edit: just seen John Percy's name also attached to the article.

Edited by StanBalaban

John Percy 

24 AUGUST 2016 • 4:47PM

West Ham United have rejected a bid from Aston Villa to sign Enner Valencia with the Premier League club determined to bring in another striker before they will consider letting him go.

West Ham have rejected interest from Valencia in the past – there was a tentative inquiry from Chelsea more than a year ago and more recent expressions from Swansea City, among others, this summer – and it is unclear how big Aston Villa’s offer for the Ecuadorean international was. However the proposed deal is another sign of Villa’s ambition to bounce back to the Premier League this season.

West Ham paid around £12 million for the 26-year-old and would, at least, want their money back.

John Percy reporting we've had a bid for Valencia rejected 

Edited by StewieGriffin
Removed some non-Villa stuff from the article

KhJn321.jpg

17 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Good. Don't like the sound of this one.  West Ham fans really don't rate him....worried we are going to get scammed. 

http://hammerschat.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1026&p=14360&hilit=Please+be+deffo+happening#p14360

Edited by Gary Thomas

6 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Swap with Gabby?:ph34r:

I haven't seen heaps of Valencia but when I have he's almost seemed to have played as a winger to me, cutting in from the left. Maybe we're after both him and Hernández / someone else.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I haven't seen heaps of Valencia but when I have he's almost seemed to have played as a winger to me, cutting in from the left. Maybe we're after both him and Hernández / someone else.

If we're going to spend on a winger, I'd rather someone like Jefferson Montero.

• Like 3