Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, westholmevillan said:

£12 mil for Austin, your having a laugh.  You will be lucky if you get 15 games out of him!  Whilst I enjoy Dr T spending his money, I dont want him to waste it on the likes of Austin. Anyone can see he will never be 100% fit again!  There are far better options out there at that  price IMO.

I will leave that to the medical folk to judge.

There have always been rumours about his injuries for years but aside from last season he certainly didn't have issues getting on the pitch regularily.

Would be overjoyed with him.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Exactly, don't get why people are moaning here...

The bench was p*ss poor vs Huddersfield, having someone like Austin on there would definitely benefit us? also it will be competition for the starting 11, and it's a very long season ahead.

AND the transfer fee isn't coming out of your back pocket, it's coming out of Tony's :huh:

Nobody is moaning, people are simply saying Austin isn't a player they would want and offering reasons.

But anyway it's not going to happen.

• Like 1

Any person would be bonkers to visit Turkey at present time, even more so to move there.

Says they wanted Benteke or Remy, but are after Gestede now :wacko:

Would be more than OK with this providing the money is right

2 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Personally i think having Rudy this season is going to be vital. Why would we want to replace a proven championship goalscorer?

Because despite him having a good game last week he is rather limited and we don't have the players suited to play the type of football that caters to his particular strength?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Because despite him having a good game last week he is rather limited and we don't have the players suited to play the type of football that caters to his particular strength?

If the players can't play to his strengths then clearly we should be replacing them, instead of a proven goalscorer?

Also it's not necessarily the type of players, it's the way we play. Surely players can adapt to a certain type of play which will bring the best out of him, which is what happened vs Rotherham.

39 minutes ago, sne said:

Any person would be bonkers to visit Turkey at present time, even more so to move there.

Well yes and no - only if we can find a better replacement.  Pretty sure they are looking for attackers now - lot to ask to find another one to replace Gestede in a week - given we already have business to do.  For stability, I would keep him and maybe revisit in Jan depending on how he performs

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Personally i think having Rudy this season is going to be vital. Why would we want to replace a proven championship goalscorer?

To get a better proven premier league scorer? 

We have to keep him. Yes he is limited but we can play to his strengths. Amavi crosses and Rudy scores. That will happen a lot this season. A new RB doing the same and we are good. McCormack puts in a tidy ball too. We totally play to his strengths. It's just in the early games bar one we were not an attaching threat so no one looked great. 

Gestede should be Plan C. He hasn't any movement. If we have others lined up better sell him. We are desperate for a mobile no 9. If we had that McCormack would get more space and be a bigger threat. I understand using Rudy as a battering ram but that should be a last resort. He has all the attributes to be a very good striker but he isn't mobile or nasty enough. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Why? I'm going in a couple weeks for a week holiday. Bad things can happen to you anywhere. 

7 hours ago, tismyk said:

Wonder why its taking so long, we all know about the RB problem, so it seems our top targets have not materialised due to the length

of time its taking to sign one, it should have been a priority unless they see Bacunna (shudder) as the long term

You answered your own question! Why go for 2nd or 3rd choice if the one you want is with a club playing hardball. Make do until we get him. 

why would we want to weaken our strike force by selling Gestede? We already have started a couple matches with over half our first team strike force in the XI while the other 2 "senior" strikers have not been involved(Gabby/Kozak). we would have to go out and buy 2 more strikers if we sold Gestede IMO. 

Edited by Villaphan04

6 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

why would we want to weaken our strike force by selling Gestede? 

Absolutely. I'm not a big fan of Gestede, but the formation RDM seems to favour with all 4 of our attacking players on the pitch, means we already need at least 1 more striker and a further 2 attack minded players that can play in the 3 behind. 

If we can adequately replace him I'd be all for it, but with time running out I'm not sure its feasible.