Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

30 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

So Lescott's will wages go to someone worthy of them. 

Good result all round I'd say,especially if we get up

Some of the business we have done this summer is quite remarkable when you think about it. 

Clark - Elphick = Made a profit.

Gana - Jedinak = Made of profit.

Sinclair - Tshibola = £500,000

55k per week is the going rate. he was probably on that with palace.if we want to pay peoiple 20k per week we wont be getting decent signings. our wage bill had dropped hugely after losing guzan nzogbia richardson and mabye gabby and lescott and at this amount he would be probably our highest earner so id imagine it hasnt broke the bank

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

evaluating-the-evolution-of-the-transfer

Well, this is Inflation in football compared to UK Inflation, that is not sustainable at all.

TV deals are a derivative of the world economy, not just the UK. There are plenty of countries where the Premier League is not at saturation point, and that will drive transfers/wages forward for at least another 50 years (realistically more though).

47 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

So Lescott's will wages go to someone worthy of them. 

Good result all round I'd say,especially if we get up

IF he does join Rangers, there is absolutely no chance that his wages will be covered. At the very most, £15-20K could be paid but Villa would have to cover the rest, I am sure of that (of course this is solely based on the thought that Lescott is refusing to take a significant wage drop).

Edited by Wonkertonk

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I would be astonished if Bacuna is going anywhere. I believe he has played every minute so far?

Stranger things have happened dave ;-) 

43 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Would it be better if we were only willing to go to 50k but other teams in the Premier League and Europe bid more? I don't get it myself, but then as I said in the Jedinak thread I think if we overpay and/or give him a 3 year contract it will be worth it. Id rather have him on big money than Shelvey tbf. Also if we go back up it will totally be worth every penny of the contract and if we can rake in a few shirt sales down in Oz then all the better he'll start paying his own way then :)

It has worked already. On my bucket list was to have a socceroo's name on the back of a Villa shirt. Can't wait to order it....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Wonkertonk said:

IF he does join Rangers, there is absolutely no chance that his wages will be covered. At the very most, £15-20K could be paid but Villa would have to cover the rest, I am sure of that (of course this is solely based on the thought that Lescott is refusing to take a significant wage drop).

I assume Lescott will have a relegation wage reduction clause so his wages will only be 20-30k now anyway so not much of a drop for him. Hopefully he just wants to play now as he's earnt his money. 

7 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I assume Lescott will have a relegation wage reduction clause so his wages will only be 20-30k now anyway so not much of a drop for him. Hopefully he just wants to play now as he's earnt his money. 

I'm also assuming that as he hasn't asked for a transfer he will get some form of loyalty Payment as sickening as that is

Edited by Richard

29 minutes ago, av1 said:

Some of the business we have done this summer is quite remarkable when you think about it. 

Clark - Elphick = Made a profit.

Gana - Jedinak = Made of profit.

Sinclair - Tshibola = £500,000

Gana is much younger and has much higher potential to reach. He was Everton's MOTM by far in their first game. 

Jedinak is great business in our current position, but yea making profit on him was given. It's not particularly remarkable business at all, even if he was poor with us, what he shown in Lile is enough to gather good fee. 

Edited by Alakagom
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Gana is much younger and has much higher potential to reach. He was Everton's MOTM by far in their first game. 

Jedinak is great business in our current position, but yea making profit on him was given. It's not particularly remarkable business at all, even if he was poor with us, what he shown in Lile is enough to gather good fee. 

Clark will end up being much a better purchase than Elphick also I believe.

4 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I'm not sure about that! For us we've needed a captain at the back for a very long time, so the value to us is great. Clark will just be another defender in Newcastles ranks, no more, no less. Clark ain't great but ain't bad either.

4 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Clark will deliver at the right club and under the right manager in the premier league.

I don't see that in Elphick right now. 

Well he hasn't done it so far under a fair few managers has he?

Elphick has forgotten more about being a CB than Clark knows.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Will end up? The bloke is 28, and i honestly can't remember a single game that he hasn't cocked up. 

If you are trying to troll these boards I'd recommend not being so obvious about it. 

5 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Clark will deliver at the right club and under the right manager in the premier league.

I don't see that in Elphick right now. 

Will do - but he hasn't 

He's 27 isn't he ?