Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Well, thing is with that, that short of sitting here checking out transfermarkt for a few hipster names, I dont know.

Of the players we've been linked with I like the idea of DeLaet and Morrison.

I guess your not a football fan in the broader sense then VILLAMARV, more a Villa supporter.

For right back I can come up with three names, of players we could get who would be comfortable playing wingback. DeLaet of Leicester. Gunter of Reading and Yedlin of Spurs. I'd move Bacuna to right midfield and Bennet to left midfield.

At centre back, I'd get rid of Lescott, Richards, Clark and Okore. I'd bring in either Paddy McNair of Man U or, Tomas Kalas of Chelsea on loan. I'd buy Lamine Sane of Bordeaux or, James Chester of WBA or, Marc Wilson of Stoke.

I'd move Westwood, Sanchez and Veretout on and get either Bridcutt of Sunderland, who is excellent in the Championship or, George Thorne of Derby, who I think is still injured, as holding/defensive midfielders. 

I'd get Junior Hoilet, who is unattached to be Bacuna's competition on the right of midfield and Andre Green could be Bennetts on the left.

As the middle man to teach Grealish I'd try for Wes Hoolahan from Norwich.

That leaves forwards. I'd get rid of Agbonlahor, Kozak and Gestede and get two of Chris Martin of Derby or, Scott Hogan of Brentford or, Lee Gregory of Millwall. 

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

You say he's not a football fan in the broader sense and then come up with that list?

OK sexbelowsound, remembering we aren't the big name club we used to be, nor as attractive a proposition as we once were.

Who would you try to bring in to give us a chance of promotion. 

47 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

I guess your not a football fan in the broader sense then VILLAMARV, more a Villa supporter.

For right back I can come up with three names, of players we could get who would be comfortable playing wingback. DeLaet of Leicester. Gunter of Reading and Yedlin of Spurs. I'd move Bacuna to right midfield and Bennet to left midfield.

At centre back, I'd get rid of Lescott, Richards, Clark and Okore. I'd bring in either Paddy McNair of Man U or, Tomas Kalas of Chelsea on loan. I'd buy Lamine Sane of Bordeaux or, James Chester of WBA or, Marc Wilson of Stoke.

I'd move Westwood, Sanchez and Veretout on and get either Bridcutt of Sunderland, who is excellent in the Championship or, George Thorne of Derby, who I think is still injured, as holding/defensive midfielders. 

I'd get Junior Hoilet, who is unattached to be Bacuna's competition on the right of midfield and Andre Green could be Bennetts on the left.

That leaves forwards. I'd get rid of Agbonlahor, Kozak and Gestede and get two of Chris Martin of Derby or, Scott Hogan of Brentford or, Lee Gregory of Millwall. 

God **** help us.

• Like 3

I'd bring in John-jo shelvey, Charlie Nzogbia, and maybe Eric Djemba Djemba. However that all hinges on whether I am a football fan or a villa supporter. Did I tell you about the trial I once had at Yeovill? 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'd bring in John-jo shelvey, Charlie Nzogbia, and maybe Eric Djemba Djemba. However that all hinges on whether I am a football fan or a villa supporter. Did I tell you about the trial I once had at Yeovill? 

I had a 6 month spell in villas youth setup in 95/96, does that give me a shout too?

4 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I had a 6 month spell in villas youth setup in 95/96, does that give me a shout too?

If your surname is neither Lamptey or Djemba-Djemba-Djema, then no, regrettably. 

• Like 1

He's a little better than Guzan. Thought the whole point was to make the squad smaller. Bunn and Steer are more than capable back ups in the championship. No need to waste wages and squad space on him. Just crazy. 

Edited by KSV

I haven't seen any links to Patrick Bamford recently- a few weeks back, we were being touted as potential suitors- has he signed for anyone else and I've missed this?- personally I would have liked this to happen- I honestly feel that with game time under his belt, he can become an exceptional striker- good touch, technically very good, intelligent,  holds up the ball, and picks pockets.

8 hours ago, 1958Villan said:

You spend all that time writing your list of new names, then come up with a midfield four of Joe Bennett, Liam Bridcutt, Geoff Thomas and Leandro Bacuna?

May god have mercy on us all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

tentative links on twitter with walsall's Rico henry - a definite yes from me regardless of having another lb at the club.

Brilliant, young and has tons of potential for the future yet can be a definite 2nd choice immediately. Maybe send on a 3-month loan to a more struggling Championship club* in January to get a few more games under his belt. Recall option if we get a crisis.

* just keep him here that'll count right

• Like 1