Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

9 minutes ago, Skills said:

hard to quantify quality, but last time I checked there were no arsenals, mancs, chelsea, spurs, pool in the championship

You checked thoroughly, I myself hadn't noticed. I'm suddenly positive of promotion :clap:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Anyone think we could get someone like Charlie Adam to drop a division? That sort of experience would be fantastic.

If we really have got money then yes, he'd play every week in our team. It's a question of wages.

22 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So, who's worried? :ph34r:

Not really worried as i do not believe we will get promoted anyway.  I have heard loads on here about how poor the championship is,  maybe the case but right now I'd say there are 6 clubs in a better state than us and that could rise to 7 or 8 if other clubs improve.  So for me our lack of business is not worrying as much as it is frustrating and disappointing

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

This isn't a hint, please don't take it as one, but I'd love us to go and get Barry back at Villa.

I think he is just what we need. (or one of the things we need anyway)

I honestly think Barry would solve the whole midfield problem. Some of our players are dreadful, some just had a terrible attitude. I think Barry could get players with 'potential' to work for him. 

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

This isn't a hint, please don't take it as one, but I'd love us to go and get Barry back at Villa.

I think he is just what we need. (or one of the things we need anyway)

OMG BARRY'S COMING HOME!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! 

• Like 3

Anyone else getting the Lerner deja vu of bright future..slowly going down the toilet..im starting to get nervous now

Failure to get rid of the toxic players,lack of decent signings..our direct competitors in the league getting stronger while we stand still..I at least thought at this stage we would have signed a decent striker and a few other key players..has xia mislead me? i hope not...4 weeks will tell either the gameplan was to stay down for 2 seasons or go straight  back up.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Barry would be perfect. Pretty sure he could secure himself another Premier League club though if he is surplus at Everton.

Someone like Burnley would pick him up :( 

How long is his contract at Everton?

They're not exactly showing much activity in the transfer market at the moment.

3 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Anyone else getting the Lerner deja vu of bright future..slowly going down the toilet..im starting to get nervous now

Failure to get rid of the toxic players,lack of decent signings..our direct competitors in the league getting stronger while we stand still..I at least thought at this stage we would have signed a decent striker and a few other key players..has xia mislead me? i hope not...4 weeks will tell either the gameplan was to stay down for 2 seasons or go straight  back up.

I just posted something similar in the Promotion thread but where are you getting your info from?

He's been here for a month, spent second most in the Championship (£12m) on a proven leader and two players with a lot of potential add to this that we've won 4 out of 5 in pre-season.

Finally, all the press surrounding Villa is brilliant, Xia is being very transparent and even has Twitter to engage with fans and perhaps most importantly the players seem to be having a great time of it in pre-season. We've also already passed our season ticket sales total for last season and we're in a worse division!

Chill, Winston. 

• Like 3

Here's my wishful thinking. Sinclair, Guzan, Gana, Sanchez out, 12 mill in which covers Elphick, Gollini and Tsh. Then BAM, Slimani from nowhere for £24 mill, Morrison for £4mill and Kyle Naughton for £9 mill. I might have to tweet uncle Tony.  

Soz if this has already been posted - would be blumin marvelous

Belgium international Ritchie De Laet is set to leave Premier League champions Leicester, with Championship outfit Aston Villa in pole position to sign the defender.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/report-aston-villa-lead-the-way-in-chase-to-sign-two-time-premier-league-champion/?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Here's my wishful thinking. Sinclair, Guzan, Gana, Sanchez out, 12 mill in which covers Elphick, Gollini and Tsh. Then BAM, Slimani from nowhere for £24 mill, Morrison for £4mill and Kyle Naughton for £9 mill. I might have to tweet uncle Tony.  

Well that's one way to spend £37m....

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Soz if this has already been posted - would be blumin marvelous

Belgium international Ritchie De Laet is set to leave Premier League champions Leicester, with Championship outfit Aston Villa in pole position to sign the defender.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/report-aston-villa-lead-the-way-in-chase-to-sign-two-time-premier-league-champion/?

I'd be De Laet-ed with this... 

Seriously though, I gather he did well at Boro, so could be good for us, fingers crossed.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Is this a joke?

• Like 4