Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Didn't even know he went to Watford :/

If Wolves were after him I'm guessing he isn't doing too well at watford.

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

If Wolves were after him I'm guessing he isn't doing too well at watford.

they signed him last summer he played 2 games and didn't score. May have played in FA Cup & League Cup but didn't score either

Edited by Villan4Life

On 7/18/2016 at 19:17, av1 said:

Agreed. If its going to cost X amount to pay them off, why not just put them on gardening leave? 

Same cost to the club and it might encourage some of them to negotiate a vastly reduced settlement in order to leave and secure a contract elsewhere. There is absolutely no sense in paying them off, it actually means the players are rewarded for failure. 

It might have been cheaper to have made Steve Walsh our Technical Director......then it would be unlikely we would be in this position, with so many duds

Edited by TRO

16 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I hear the pantyman rumours are back in swing. Guess thatd mean bunn out and steer on loan again?

good

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

It might have been cheaper to have made Steve Walsh our Technical Director......then it would be unlikely we would be in this position, with so many duds

Steve Walsh is just a potential one season wonder. maybe another Graeme Carr who got a few bargains at Newcastle got a new 8 year contract and now is to blame for them getting relegated

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Steve Walsh is just a potential one season wonder. maybe another Graeme Carr who got a few bargains at Newcastle got a new 8 year contract and now is to blame for them getting relegated

I still think its our biggest problem/Headache at the club.

I do believe for whatever reason anyone wants to put on it ......we have been poor at transfer dealings in and out for far too long

I am not looking for us to spend stupidly, but I have not been able to shake off the lack of confidence I have in our dealings.....I hope the new manager allays my fears

Can't we find another Drinkwater, even if its a slightly poorer version, why can't we find another Petrov or a Barry.....Players with an engine who Drive the game..... a new Des Bremner.

so all these players are one offs?

We have just signed the wrong players in the past......I hope RDM changes it and reignites my faith in the Villa park scouts.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

would'nt mind HIM on loan for a season, if he can do all that in one season.

38 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I hear the pantyman rumours are back in swing. Guess thatd mean bunn out and steer on loan again?

Don't really see the point, we have far more pressing issues in the squad than another keeper.

Pantilmon is number two in premier league...why would he come to be number 2 at championship level?

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Didn't even know he went to Watford :/

If only there were some sort of easily accessible source of information where you could search for things... An 'engine' if you will.... 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If only there were some sort of easily accessible source of information where you could search for things... An 'engine' if you will.... 

I wasn't searching for anything though, Oulare is not in my list of priorities on the daily. It was just a random thought as I remember him being one of the strikers we discussed either last transfer season, or the season before. Along with the likes of Embolo.

18 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Who cares - Tony has told us he ain't going anywhere so chillax as the young folk say

Chillax? Soo Nineties! You're old, dude. :D

• Like 1