Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I suggested Hector last week, along with people like Bamford, Loftus-Cheek, Clarke-Salter, Kenedy, Atsu, Traore.  Any of these would be a useful addition on loan for a season.  Not sure how many players you can loan from any one club though?  You would also think that RDM and Clarke would have connections and influence at Chelsea still? 

from my Football Manager experience it was 4

Oliver Norwood from Reading could be an option, I don't know too much about him but he's a solid midfielder for Championship level and could happen due to links with Clarke. It looks like he didn't play much when Clarke arrived at Reading but played nearly every game in his second season.  He wouldn't be a world beater but would add depth to our squad and a lot of Championship experience. 

Or what about Vydra who had a bad season last year but would provide options upfront where we are gonna be really light after some departures I reckon and he could easily hit some good form like he has done previously at that level.  

Edited by Bunnski

Goal scoring/creative midfielders have to be at the top of the list. Two options would be Lasse Vigen Christensen and Tom Cairney from Fulham. Alan Judge would also be fantastic if we were willing to gamble on an injured player, ala Downing.

Add a couple of players like that and possibly a Tom Huddlestone and I think our midfield is a lot stronger. 

26 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I bloody hope not. Bad enough that Tekkers went there and they've stalled his career - I don't want Amavi there too.

They're short in the left back department - Moreno just doesn't cut it.  It's a risk after his injury but I think Liverpool were looking at him previously?  Really wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They're short in the left back department - Moreno just doesn't cut it.  It's a risk after his injury but I think Liverpool were looking at him previously?  Really wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

I wouldn't be surprised either - he's easily good enough IMO. You'd hope we'll get a good wedge for him though as we've milked liverpool for a lot in the past. I'd want 20mil or thereabouts for him as he could be top class. 

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I wouldn't be surprised either - he's easily good enough IMO. You'd hope we'll get a good wedge for him though as we've milked liverpool for a lot in the past. I'd want 20mil or thereabouts for him as he could be top class. 

Absolutely no chance.  I think, if he's sold, we'll be recouping what we paid for him (£9m?).

I hope he stays, though.  He's a classy player.

40 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He probably has a relegation release clause so likely we'll get less than what we paid for him. 

I am a massive Amavi fan and hope he stays.  But if he wants out and Liverpool want him let him go - don't anyone who doesn't want to be here. 

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He probably has a relegation release clause so likely we'll get less than what we paid for him. 

I don't know if he has a relegation clause or not but I would be surprised if it was less than we paid for him given how we have been burnt in the past.

12 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What?

Are you talking about villa or Derby?

Both. I'm saying someone like Barton would be a good fit for Villa in the short term. I'm saying Pritchard would also be good but maybe not at 8m. I'm saying that depending on how RDM plays then you could do worse than look at taking back Wiemann or going for Russell etc. I'm saying, as a Derby fan, that we don't know if Pearson is going 4-4-2 or not, historically he has. Derby haven't played that way for a long time. We use 4-3-3 with Martin as the 'pivot' If we go 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 then attacking players become available for purchase.

Will you play a system that requires wingers? Overlapping fullbacks? Pack the midfield? One up front? a front 3? Variations of 4-2-3-1 as at Chelsea? or 4-5-1 as at WBA?

Could Kozak be your pivot? Could Gestede? 

Keep Amavi until January and see what the situation is then.

That's the stance I'd take of most of the players we want to keep unless they are really desperate to leave. I'd probably make an exception for Ayew who is comfortably a premier league striker and sure clubs will be interested in them.

Keep Grealish, Amavi, Adama, Okore, Gana etc aslong as they WANT to be here.

It surely won't be a fire sale anymore, Dr Tony can cover their wages for a year like Ashley did when Newcastle went down and they had Barton,Nolan etc on massive money for the division.

10 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Both. I'm saying someone like Barton would be a good fit for Villa in the short term. I'm saying Pritchard would also be good but maybe not at 8m. I'm saying that depending on how RDM plays then you could do worse than look at taking back Wiemann or going for Russell etc. I'm saying, as a Derby fan, that we don't know if Pearson is going 4-4-2 or not, historically he has. Derby haven't played that way for a long time. We use 4-3-3 with Martin as the 'pivot' If we go 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 then attacking players become available for purchase.

Will you play a system that requires wingers? Overlapping fullbacks? Pack the midfield? One up front? a front 3? Variations of 4-2-3-1 as at Chelsea? or 4-5-1 as at WBA?

Could Kozak be your pivot? Could Gestede? 

Interesting - what brings this Derby fan to our parts?

I live in Nottingham (you love it there, right?! ;)) and work with a few Derby fans.  The general reaction to Pearson has been firmly in the "meh" camp and one guy seems to think it means the end of Will Hughes at Derby, because Pearson favours more hard-working, run-a-lot types.  I'm not sure how true this is, but I certainly think the likes of Russell and Weimann will fit in Pearson's plans quite nicely.

Are you happy with the appointment in any case?

32 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Keep Amavi until January and see what the situation is then.

That's the stance I'd take of most of the players we want to keep unless they are really desperate to leave. I'd probably make an exception for Ayew who is comfortably a premier league striker and sure clubs will be interested in them.

Keep Grealish, Amavi, Adama, Okore, Gana etc aslong as they WANT to be here.

It surely won't be a fire sale anymore, Dr Tony can cover their wages for a year like Ashley did when Newcastle went down and they had Barton,Nolan etc on massive money for the division.

If we sold him for what we bought   him for or a little more and brought in Rico Henry for significantly less i wouldn't be opposed to it.

• Like 1