limpid

Just now, DCJonah said:

At least it would look like we're doing everything we can to try and survive. 

By getting battered in the first half?

The three players you suggested aren't all that great really are they. I know they look flashy and have the air of players that could create something but do they?

I'd love for us to play those three behind Ayew. On paper it looks amazing but I fear the reality wouldn't be any better than what we are seeing.

Just now, darrenm said:

You can't tell me that the contact from Hutton is enough to make Walcott fall over. He's gone down himself. If we'd got that penalty I'd be thinking we've bought one here.

Let's not try and act like we've been hard done by. In this day and age, that's a penalty, both arms around Walcott who was running at speed, if it was at the other end no Villa fan would be disputing it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

You can't tell me that the contact from Hutton is enough to make Walcott fall over. He's gone down himself. If we'd got that penalty I'd be thinking we've bought one here.

It's not the pulling back, IMO, it's the stumbling in to him afterwards that knocks him down.

1 minute ago, Bunnski said:

Good ol Gestede standing outside the box when we get the crosses in, class...

He has played a fair amount of this half in midfield. Not Gestede's fault, it's clearly the tactics deployed by Garde.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Just now, pacbuddies said:

Garde is not to blame!

The results speak for themselves, he's not delivering anything thus far and he needed to make an instant impact. If we claw something back today then that's a start as we need minimum one point from this one. 

But so far I am absolutely thoroughly unimpressed with Garde.