Christmas 2015

Genie

regarding work we got a £50 tesco voucher each. ive been working there since i was 17 and left for a few months when i was 18 but returned and eventually come off the books to go self employed for them when i was 29. because im self employed i get no holiday pay although i work for them all year round and it really pisses me off because a £50 voucher is not even a quid a week over the year and we have to organise our own works do. the owner is a millionaire and the two below him are alright for money as well. 

9 minutes ago, limpid said:

Why did you go self employed?

more money. id just had my first kid and the money i was on for my age,ability of doing my job was pathetic so i asked for a rise and they were still using the recession as an excuse to not give people rises. they told me to go self employed if i wanted more money and i did, the first week of doing so i earnt  an extra £430 more than my original wage which was brilliant. after a while i kept getting messed about so i came off price work and worked for a day rate which is what im still doing now but im still down as self employed if you know what i mean.

oh yeah i do manage my money most of the time but my firm are tight arses. im on what some of the blokes are on who are on the books but they wont take anyone on the books now so i have to go without holiday pay. im sorted for xmas so bugger them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, snowychap said:

What level of egotistical, self-indulgent tosspot do you have to be to send christmas cards with you (and family) as the bloody picture?

Gits.

i tell you what snowy you can sod off next time you ungrateful git. last time i ever send you anything, infact no it isn't because next time i catch crabs i'll send you them in a matchbox first class.

On 18/12/2015 at 21:33, snowychap said:

What level of egotistical, self-indulgent tosspot do you have to be to send christmas cards with you (and family) as the bloody picture?

Gits.

I'm guessing they are the 'professional' ones from moonpig or similar?

An uncle years back used to make and print them on his home pc. 

A tosspot too tight to pay for his shitty cards.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'm guessing they are the 'professional' ones from moonpig or similar?

An uncle years back used to make and print them on his home pc. 

A tosspot too tight to pay for his shitty cards.

4221396001_4666883448001_katewills.jpg

I think he was possibly referring to this annual event.

Although I now really really hope they had it done by moonpig.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I think he was possibly referring to this annual event.

To be fair, it wasn't that lot that sparked the comment - and all sorts seem to do it now, especially politicians.

I'd guess that the @Rugeley Villa family card being sent through the post might cause legal issues (Prohibition on sending indecent or obscene articles by post). ;)

I was going to write one of those 'summary of the year' things to pop in to all the christmas cards.

'We've sold the little place we had in Austria as the skiing there has gone down hill, Beatrice has had a slight relapse and is back on the sauce but the twins, Montague and Epiphany are doing very very well in rehab. We were hoping to all get botox this year but Tarka Rose went first and suffered an allergic reaction so the rest of us right shit ourselves and backed out. Shares down about £10k but we've further sub divided some of the houses we have up the valleys and squeezed in another 6 families of slightly vague origin. Grandma Fanny is now 82 and looking great for it, she had a tattoo of 2Pac this year, but I'm not allowed to see where it is. Chin chin!'

But I didn't get it together in time and now they've all been posted.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, snowychap said:

To be fair, it wasn't that lot that sparked the comment - and all sorts seem to do it now, especially politicians.

I'd guess that the @Rugeley Villa family card being sent through the post might cause legal issues (Prohibition on sending indecent or obscene articles by post). ;)

what you take me for :)

I'd guess that the @Rugeley Villa family card being sent through the post might cause legal issues (Prohibition on sending indecent or obscene articles by post). [emoji6]

what you take me for [emoji4]

Better or worse.

• Like 2

Had our works do, Friday night. There was only about 20 of us, so had a good night down a local club, Took 100 quid with me thinking could be a expensive night, until the manager (who was only there for 2 hours) noted there was £1500 quid behind the bar and to drink as much as we want. Ended up a great night, danced the night away with the new girl in admin (standard), only danced mind. Recovering all day yesterday, reminds us when we get older we cannot drink like we used to, had the, on and off hangover, not pretty. Anyway Happy Christmas one an all.

• Like 1

Been to Cadbury world with the family today. Great time with the 4D, the pantomime and Santa show. Was very busy though (to be expected).

Most disappointing was the ham and cheese panini in the cafe, £4.95 and didn't even have a few bloody crisps on the side. Crazy prices.

• Like 1

On 9 December 2015 at 21:30, bickster said:

Working all over, got the Mon, Tue and Wed off between xmas and new year. I'll probably work them in the car too

Xmas is not for taxi drivers

I've only just read through this thread! What on earth is this!?

I was specifically looking out for your annual Xmas rant, but this is the extent of it.

Christmas ruined :( 

• Like 1