Christmas 2015

Genie

we have to organise our own works do and at the minute there is a bit of a stand off between us workers because some want to go and live it up in stafford on student night and some others including me are just happy to go and slum it in rugeley in what i call proper pubs. ive got no interest these days in fancy bars and being in night clubs at 2 in the morning full of youngsters. im quite happy down town listening to music i like,playing pool,darts and having a good old piss up and stumbling home at half 12 when the pubs kick you out(as its only midweek). if i was single maybe id want to do stafford and maybe if i didnt have kids i would not mind getting in at 4 in the morning but i just cant hack that anymore.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Working all over, got the Mon, Tue and Wed off between xmas and new year. I'll probably work them in the car too

Xmas is not for taxi drivers

I'd hate to be s taxi driver this time of the year. 

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

You should refuse all fares on Christmas Day.

And make people more lonely? Tbh its one of the most mellow happy days to work in the year. Everyone is just so grateful you're working

clock and a half too

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

we have to organise our own works do and at the minute there is a bit of a stand off between us workers because some want to go and live it up in stafford on sudent night and some others including me are just happy to go and slum it in rugeley in what i call proper pubs. ive got no interest these days in fancy bars and being in night clubs at 2 in the morning full of youngsters. im quite happy down town listening to music i like,playing pool,darts and having a good old piss up and stumbling home at half 12 when the pubs kick you out(as its only midweek). if i was single maybe id want to do stafford and maybe if i didnt have kids i would not mind getting in at 4 in the morning but i just cant hack that anymore.

Got a problem with Stafford??? Stay out of Casa  and Couture and get to the market vaults.

45 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Got a problem with Stafford??? Stay out of Casa  and Couture and get to the market vaults.

i used to love stafford but as ive got a bit older id rather not bother. casa and couture is where we would all end up because there is quite a few young uns who are in their late teens early twenties  who work down our place. i could just leave them it and come to yours :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

And make people more lonely? Tbh its one of the most mellow happy days to work in the year. Everyone is just so grateful you're working

clock and a half too

I  thought he meant do the journey for free (the season giving and all that).

Working all over Christmas, just have the usual days off. Will spend the day with my folks and that's about it. Living on my own and having a small family, Christmas is fairly simple. No arguments, no in-laws, etc, just the 3 of us. Will be a bit bittersweet for my Dad as this is the first Christmas without his parents so we'll try and cheer him up the best we can.

• Like 1

Works do last night, fairly tame for me, cider all night so bloated before drunk. 12 and I was in bed, most people were hitting the wine and I just couldnt catch them up. OK night but on the whole the thing I hate about works do's, everyone talks about work. Still early start as I stayed close to work and that will mean an early dart this afternoon.

It's true, you can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Some of the girls in my office have clearly gone to a lot of trouble to make themselves look good for our Christmas party this year. I think I'm going to enjoy getting slowly drunk in the corner while I do my best impression of a dirty old man, leering at them :)