Christmas 2015

Genie

So, where are you going? what are you buying? what are you hoping to receive?

For me...

Staying home with the wife and kids

Bought the wife an ipod, some perfume, chocolates, a coat she picked... nothing that exciting really. :-/

Already had my main present off her... an Xbox One which is ace. (Still waiting for my first win on Fifa 16 with Villa, some things don't change). 

Works do on the 18th, free bar, will embarrass myself horribly for the 3rd year on the trot

I think I'm doing the girlfriends family tradition of going to the cinema on Xmas eve to watch a Xmas film because I've fallen out with her brother in law so won't be going round his house to see my nephews Xmas day

Xmas day I'll do a breakfast of proper butchers top quality bacon, cooking Xmas dinner for my mom, brother his missus and two kids, grand house on the night with all my family

I've got the missus bloc party tickets and some other stuff, got my nephew a remote control BB-8 which I'm more excited about than my own presents

My dads on Boxing Day while her dad has my season ticket for the villa, meal with her dad and her mom at some point, New Years at an Indian restaurant, Norwich and Sunderland away booked too

Big thing for me, and if you know me please don't tell anyone cow it's a big secret! I've booked a wedding and no one knows, will be giving everyone save the dates for Xmas, wanted them to be classed as Xmas presents but apparently that's not allowed

• Like 2

works do 23rd just in town for a few

xmas eve out for a family meal in the day, missus working at night.

xmas day will be up at half 5 to put my santa outfit on ready for the kids to get up, then it will be the present opening before we do the rounds. then dinner at home.

boxing day go out for a few in the day then take the kids up the social where they put a disco on for the young uns.

27th is missus birthday so it will be out for a meal then shes working the night time

chill out up until new years eve where yet again my missus is working the night time so it will be a quiet one for me just watcing films

new years day we are out for a family meal early on then out on the piss all day and most of the night, also think her brother is staying over the night

2nd and 3rd chilling out before i start back to work on the 4th

Christmas Eve-beers with a few mates at a couple of locals.

Christmas Day-most of the day with the folks and my younger brother. Christmas lunch, crackers, The Snowman, etc.

Boxing Day-hope for three points/getting depressed once another three points has passed us by.

Sunday 27th-maybe beers with mates.

Monday 28th-see Boxing Day.

Tuesday 29th-watching an Oasis tribute act in Bilston.

Wednesday 30th-nothing planned.

New Years Eve-get drunk, venue to be arranged.

New Years Day-hungover, venue to be arranged.

Saturday 2nd-see Boxing Day.

All presents yet to be bought.

Would also like to meet up with a nice girl I've become reaquainted with recently. But that one may well be for another thread ;)

Working hours that a school teacher or junior nurse would go out on strike over  right up to the 23rd and then flying out to Panama on the 24th until the New Year.

presents will be sorted via Amazon , kids have already logged in and added about 97 items into my wish so it's not like I have to put a lot of effort in 

Bought Mrs H a flight and some  tickets to see Iron Maiden in Hungary ... She'll be happy up to the point she realises it was a only a one way plane ticket :)

i dont really want anything but I'll end up getting loads of Toblerone and clothes that I don't really like but Mrs H will have kept the receipt for ( im a nightmare to buy clothes for , no clothes with logos , no loud colours nothing in fashion etc )

First year with my daughter in her new house, so all the little traditions have gone by the by. Will pop and see her on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day morning its just me and my wife, then kid and her boyfriend are coming to ours for dinner. 

Christmas day at my parents. Christmas night at my local, for a lock in. I've got a game of poker on the go, with my mates on the 27th. We'll also get smashed, and roll around on the floor, no doubt.

Other than that, I'm going to do as little as possible. I know some will screw their faces up, but there's a test match on, that starts on Boxing Day (South Africa vs England). I'll be plonked in front of the TV, with booze and crap food, watching the cricket. For me, that's a damn fine way to spend Christmas.

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

2 weeks off work, preceded by my 30th birthday.

It'll be two weeks of doing a whole lot of nothing :)

*cough trials cough*

I have 3 days off :(

Edited by StefanAVFC

First Xmas having a kid, so it's all mega exciting. 

Last Sat - saw Santa at Little Heath Garden Centre

This Saturday - Seeing Santa on Severn Valley Railway (that's more for me and my childhood memories than for him :)) with the parents/inlaws

Finish work next Wednesday.

Xmas eve - go to my families house, get home about 7, watch Xmas Vacation, Muppets Xmas Carol, put littl'un to bed and drink Bailey's and become santa/rudolph for the first time :D

Xmas day - open the boys stuff, parents/inlaws coming for the day from about 12ish, have dinner and veg out playing with sons toys

Boxing day - Wifes bday, so her bestie has asked us around theirs for cocktails (usually done by inlaws, but they've just moved into a house which needs work doing), so that should be fun.

New year - tbd, but probably with her bestie again (who's also just had a baby (8 days ago)

Back to work on the 4th.

Got a kitchen to paint, a loft to board out (finally) and some other bits and bobs before xmas whilst the wife is at work.

• Like 1

It's my parents year on me and the missus' alternation. We'll drive up to Tamworth on Christmas Eve and go for a few beers with pals. Christmas Day slobbing and lounging round with the family. Down to the missus' family on Boxing Day, whilst trying to find a stream of the Wet Spam game.

Meeting 4 German friends on the 28th in London, then whisking them off to Norwich to see Villa's fourth win on the bounce, then back to London and staying over that night there.

Probably a quiet NYE. Going to Cheltenham races on NYD.

As for what I'm doing.

Fly home on the 23rd, do nothing at home for 4 days. Christmas day at my parent's house and boxing day at my sister's probably. Fly back on the 28th, which is also my birthday and I'm back at work on the 29th.

New Years, still no plan but hoping to go to a party with the missus.

Then my parents are coming over to Poland on the 1st, we're going to Krakow on the 3rd and Auschwitz on the 4th :)

27 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

First Xmas having a kid, so it's all mega exciting.

I've fallen for this before. It'll be rubbish :D A huge mountain of present for the little one, which he/she will not have any interest in and you'll just open them all yourself and then potter about the house waiting until lunch time.

Mine are now 3 & 5 and its genuinely exciting. Can't wait.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

I've fallen for this before. It'll be rubbish :D A huge mountain of present for the little one, which he/she will not have any interest in and you'll just open them all yourself and then potter about the house waiting until lunch time.

Mine are now 3 & 5 and its genuinely exciting. Can't wait.

We've said we'll probably open them over a couple of days :)

• Like 1

I'll be in New York City with my wife and two youngest. Not sure what we'll eat or where but hoping for snow.

Then spending New Year's in San Antonio.

Leaving tomorrow. I'm well psyched!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

This Saturday - Seeing Santa on Severn Valley Railway (that's more for me and my childhood memories than for him :)) with the parents/inlaws

Don't forget to wave when you go past my house.