Paul McGrath

TRO

Paul McGrath is simply world class - no more to it than this, without question in 50 years of watching Villa, he is without question the finest player to grace our turf, but this Haaland fella is also something else and out of balance - I think he would give Paul some uncomfortable moments but he would come through 🙌🙌

3 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Paul McGrath is simply world class - no more to it than this, without question in 50 years of watching Villa, he is without question the finest player to grace our turf, but this Haaland fella is also something else and out of balance - I think he would give Paul some uncomfortable moments but he would come through 🙌🙌

Be like Rocky against Ivan Drago !!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Usually ex-players are sent to other football. If anyone decides to to it with this man I swear I will hunt them down like a dog.

Doing God's work there my friend.

(Literally).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Doing God's work there my friend.

(Literally).

He is too humble a god to do such work, so us Nephilim are sent to reap the vengeance of God

Edited by stewiek2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Frequently pisses me off when the media and influencers rank the best PL CB's of all time, where GOD doesnt get a mention.

Because most of them are ****holes and don't know anything about football.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Paul McGrath was one of the best players in the world over the 7 seasons he played for Villa.

Amazing to think how colossal he was and was probably only at 70% max of his potential (through his well documented issues). He was THAT good.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 06/08/2023 at 17:59, stewiek2 said:

Usually ex-players are sent to other football. If anyone decides to do it with this man I swear I will hunt them down like a dog.

chiuaua 2.jpg

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I think Pauls greatest asset was reading the game.

It makes up for so many other attributes and while players today would test him athletically.....his reading, would have him in good stead.

It's difficult to compare era's in terms of Atleticism.....you can only play against those you have to.....it's the same in any sport.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â