Paul McGrath

TRO

McGreggor is an absolute scummer. I’m Irish and i detest him. A rotten human. The story is that McGreggor made a derogatory remark referencing PJ Gallaghers struggle with mental health issues and Paul backed PJ up. The little rat backed down and deleted his tweets. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
15 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Gary knows

He’s never mentions him when doing that post Motd show with Shearer and Richards not even as a honourable mention , it might be the BBC not wanting him as selection who knows the funny thing is Alan Shearer never scored against him!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

He’s never mentions him when doing that post Motd show with Shearer and Richards not even as a honourable mention , it might be the BBC not wanting him as selection who knows the funny thing is Alan Shearer never scored against him!

Yep, I was going to say that. 

Never see him mentioned as a great by anyone outside of Villa really. It's almost as if the decisions are influenced by the team and not the player. 

Edited by sidcow

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Never see him mentioned as a great by anyone outside of Villa really. It's almost as if the decisions are influenced by the team and not the player. 

But they are happy enough that to mention Tony Adams , I not suggesting Tony was a run of the mill defender he was a good player but McGrath was just a class above that very little people want to acknowledge that they know it deep down but refrain from saying it simply because he was associated with Villa. I’d put him in the Baresi and Maldini category and I’m not saying that just because I’m a Villa fan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Yep. It kind of proves it doesn't it. When he is doing professional media he doesnt exist. When he is making a personal choice then its totally different. 

Everything is designed to create maximum interest from fans of the normal suspects. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Sure he didnt play for a Sky 6 team in the Premier League era which is very important in the media 

They would probably rank Sylvain Distin or Neil Ruddock ahead of him

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I’d put him in the Baresi and Maldini category and I’m not saying that just because I’m a Villa fan.

Better than Baresi just didn't have the "profile".

Better than Maldini but didn't have the longevity.

....and all the more impressive due to his personal demons.

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 29/04/2023 at 09:26, gwi1890 said:

I was in the Holte End for the Blackburn game when Shearer didn't get a sniff, God won MOTM and admitted he was still pissed from the night before. It was a late kick off too. Legend doesn't even cover just how good God was.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Just seen a post on his Instagram that it was 34 years ago today that this legend signed for our club! A great picture of him sat with Graham Taylor. What a player he was for us. A classy defender, always seemed to be in the right spot to make the game look easy.

Who is this Graham chap?! It is and always will be SIR Graham!

• Like 2

On 29/04/2023 at 10:48, gwi1890 said:

But they are happy enough that to mention Tony Adams , I not suggesting Tony was a run of the mill defender he was a good player but McGrath was just a class above that very little people want to acknowledge that they know it deep down but refrain from saying it simply because he was associated with Villa. I’d put him in the Baresi and Maldini category and I’m not saying that just because I’m a Villa fan.

It's well known now, but the story of Ireland playing the Dutch and afterwards Ray Houghton and Andy Townsend saw Gullit, Rijkaard and van Basten hanging out side the Irish changing room. When they asked if they wanted to change shirts all of them said "No, we're waiting to get McGrath's".

• Like 3

On 29/04/2023 at 10:48, gwi1890 said:

Didn't baresi himself once endorse Paul after a terrific season as one the best defenders in World football?

Â