The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Am i the only one who doesnt want to see (from what weve seen from them so far this season)

grealish  -- gil -- adama?

i see a lot posting them AM's and hoping garde chooses them but two of these players are going to be incredibly inconsistent who so far this season, offer nothing defensively for the times they are shit. (bit of leniency for Adama given hes come on towards end of the games which could have been told not to defend much given were usually losing etc etc but a lot of people have pointed out he just stands around) 

Especially with amavi lb, whilst very good going forward, has shown plenty of defensive mistakes and the lack of work rate of grealish for the times amavi goes forward is a bit of a problem

Adama isn't good enough yet to be starting.

Gil should be the first name on the teamsheet. Honestly right now I'd be happy to see Ayew instead of Grealish.

• Like 2

I think Garde needs to pick his strongest team and get them playing consistently and start bringing players like Kozak, Traore, Veretout into the fold.

Traore Gil and Ayew wouldn't be a bad attacking 3, Ayew was quit good on the left. Hoping Kozak can get some game time as the striker

Remi has every chance of keeping us up. Have read pundits who know him say that he brings calmness to a squad - which is what we really need. There looks to be some serious discontent in the squad, which a stress-head like Sherwood has probably amplified ten fold - KM has not helped either.

I think you will find we need a lot more than calmness.

11/12 half decent players would be a start.

We've easily got 11/12 decent players in the squad that could and should keep us up - even now.

I have literally no idea what you could possibly be basing that on.

Remi has every chance of keeping us up. Have read pundits who know him say that he brings calmness to a squad - which is what we really need. There looks to be some serious discontent in the squad, which a stress-head like Sherwood has probably amplified ten fold - KM has not helped either.

We've easily got 11/12 decent players in the squad that could and should keep us up - even now.

Reality.

• Like 2

That we have 11/12 decent players in the sqaud?

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

After last nights dismal team selection and subsequent result, a new dawn couldn't have arrived any quicker. Welcome Remi, utmost respect to him for even taking this job on. I hope his influence translates to a positive improvement on the pitch so that we can all start to be a bit more upbeat. There's got to be 3 teams worse than us on paper, we've had an awful start but there's time to turn this around. First task is pretty simple, pick his best starting 11 and stick with it for 5-6 games!

• Like 3

Reality.

Reality being 4 points from 11 games? Say what you want about Sherwood, but as it stands, it hasn't got any better without him.

We weren't expected to win last night but it certainly wasn't the encouraging defeat you predicted.

Supposedly we have decent players yeah, a new manager in the stands and we have just got rid of the 'big' problem in TS. Yet for 78 minutes it's a complete non event. 

Things going badly so you change something. If things don't improve then what you've changed wasn't your main issue.

Some fight and desire would have give me some hope that actually, these players might just be good enough.

Of course it hasn't got better since Tim - we've had two games since with a bloke in charge who was sacked by Swindon. Who picked a team that every single Villa fan could see was simply awful and not fit for the job in hand. What were you expecting. 

I agree in part that the playing staff need to shoulder some of the burden. Guzan has been awful this season because he isn't challenged, Lescott looks like he's here to top up his pension. Richardson shouldn't be allowed near the team and Sanchez has been simply woeful since he arrived. 

Our best players yesterday were on the bench. A starting XI including Amavi, Okore, Vertout, Ayew and Gana puts a totally different spin on the team. 

I wonder who his captain will be. As he was Wenger's bridge with the squad at Arsenal, then who in the current team is he going to select to do similar? Now that I look at it, Richards was like Sherwood, heart on sleeve, emotional. Can't see him keeping it long term. Maybe Westwood?

What were you expecting.

A bit of fight. You don't need a super duper manager to show that. 

Agreed, it's not the time to make excuses for poor performances. Outside of a 10 minute spell in the second half there was no fight and no desire. 10 minutes of it simply isn't good enough, pretty much every team in danger of relegation are capable of 10 minutes of fight against top half sides, it's just not enough.

People need to realise that the points have to come from somewhere and given we've already blown it against a number of poor sides so far, we're actually now going to have to take our fair share against teams in the top half. I hope we're not going to have excuses made for every time we lose against someone half decent, else we'll be excusing our way into the championship.  

• Like 2

Gil should be the first name on the teamsheet. Honestly right now I'd be happy to see Ayew instead of Grealish.

Yeh, i agree about adama but so many people post him in their lineups :S

And gil/richards/gana are the only three players to be a guaranteed starters for me. I guess amavi, but thats more to do with how shit our lb cover is more than to do with amavi ability shown this year. I suppose ayew now after recent performances

Edited by gharperr

What were you expecting.

Agreed, it's not the time to make excuses for poor performances. Outside of a 10 minute spell in the second half there was no fight and no desire. 10 minutes of it simply isn't good enough, pretty much every team in danger of relegation are capable of 10 minutes of fight against top half sides, it's just not enough.

People need to realise that the points have to come from somewhere and given we've already blown it against a number of poor sides so far, we're actually now going to have to take our fair share against teams in the top half. I hope we're not going to have excuses made for every time we lose against someone half decent, else we'll be excusing our way into the championship.  

I think fight would have been shown had they still been in the game, the goal after 2mins knocked the stuffing out of them due to ineptness on the line up picked and the actual players.

Yeh, i agree about adama but so many people post him in their lineups :S

And gil/richards/gana are the only three players to be a guaranteed starters for me. I guess amavi, but thats more to do with how shit our lb cover is more than to do with amavi ability shown this year. I suppose ayew now after recent performances

Amavi is class. Yeah he will make a few mistakes, but he's young and will learn from them. Give me Amavi over Richardson any day. Give me Amavi over any left back we've had in the past 10 years.

All I want to see is the following team...

Guzan

Hutton - Okore - Richards - Amavi

Veretout - Gana

Grealish  -     Gil      -        Sinclair

Ayew

With Adama, Sanchez and one other coming off the bench.

Play that team for more than 5 games, give them chance to gel, will be the best team we've had in ages. Make it happen Remi. It's not rocket science! 

• Like 2

Reality.

Reality being 4 points from 11 games? Say what you want about Sherwood, but as it stands, it hasn't got any better without him.

We weren't expected to win last night but it certainly wasn't the encouraging defeat you predicted.

Supposedly we have decent players yeah, a new manager in the stands and we have just got rid of the 'big' problem in TS. Yet for 78 minutes it's a complete non event. 

Things going badly so you change something. If things don't improve then what you've changed wasn't your main issue.

Some fight and desire would have give me some hope that actually, these players might just be good enough.

Yes, the reality is we've got 4 points from 11 games.

But you seem to be glossing over Tim Sherwood as if that wasn't a big factor.
That points tally was gained with the worst manager the club has ever had.

I was encouraged by last night. Once we actually brought on a couple of our good players we looked half decent. It was a non event before that because KMac put out a baffling team.
In case you missed it it didn't include Gestede, Gil, Ayew, Amavi, Richards (not K Mac's fault that) or Gana. That's 6 of our best players. You can't draw any conclusions from things not improving when we weren't playing 6 of our best players!

We haven't changed anything yet. We've got rid of the problem and only now, today, has the solution come in.

The players are good enough to stay up. That's not saying much, but a manager who can give us some organisation, a bit of desire and lineups that make sense and use our best players will be half the battle.

You can't conclude that the players aren't good enough when, up until now, they've been managed by a guy doing a bad impression of a football manager.

• Like 3

What were you expecting.

I think fight would have been shown had they still been in the game, the goal after 2mins knocked the stuffing out of them due to ineptness on the line up picked and the actual players.

Then that just goes to show that they are mentally weak, and frankly as fans we should hold them to a higher standard. If Leicester were as mentally weak as us they would have like half the points at this stage than they actually have.

It's just not good enough. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I wonder who his captain will be. As he was Wenger's bridge with the squad at Arsenal, then who in the current team is he going to select to do similar? Now that I look at it, Richards was like Sherwood, heart on sleeve, emotional. Can't see him keeping it long term. Maybe Westwood?

Captain will stay as Richards. Rightly so.

• Like 2

Â