The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

What if we improve but can't stop relegation? I mean, Sherwood's left us in such a hole that we could improve quite a lot yet still go down. Will Garde stay then? I'd like to think so because we could do without changing manager YET AGAIN next summer.

I honestly think if Sherwood had taken us down last year, we would be flying high in Championship now and Sherwood would be seen as a genius (MON mk 2). The fact he kept us up meant he started with a clean slate this year, and he showed himself to be useless.

Nah. He'd still show himself up to be useless AND we'd have even worse players.

The way we've been playing this season we'd be nowhere near the top of the Championship.

• Like 1

What if we improve but can't stop relegation? I mean, Sherwood's left us in such a hole that we could improve quite a lot yet still go down. Will Garde stay then? I'd like to think so because we could do without changing manager YET AGAIN next summer.

I was asked this by a blue nose I work with today. For me we are not cut adrift at the moment and due to 3 or 4 other very poor teams in the division we are only 4 points from safety and it certainly doesn't require a miracle to get there. We are in a hole but not a deep one.

For me if he got say 30 - 32 points from 27 games and we still went down provided we were not frequently getting battered I'd be happy to give him a chance next season. If however he averages less than a point a game then I'd be wary of keeping him on.

One of three things has happened over the last two and a half months. We have either had a poor manager, have a poor squad due to the club purchasing poor players, or it was both. We'd better hope it was simply the fact we had a poor manager and that the players are actually good enough to stay up. In fairness if they are, and Garde is a good manager, then clawing back 4 points and overhauling three teams in the next 27 games should be achievable. I'm certainly backing us to do it.

• Like 4

I hope he has watched enough of us this season to make an informed choice and not be guided by the likes of KM. Watching last night's game was probably a good start.

• Like 2

I hope he has watched enough of us this season to make an informed choice and not be guided by the likes of KM. Watching last night's game was probably a good start.

Aye. Sent out almost the entire team that barely survived relegation last season (Lescott for Vlaar the only exception)....

... but without Benteke, Delph or Cleverly. Yeah, that'll work.

• Like 4

Hope he tells the players to appeal for everything now. We are far too soft and "nice" that Westwood incident summed it up not one player went screaming to Mike Dean afterwards to give him an earful for not blowing the whistle, it's why we consistently think we have had refs I am convinced we make it far too easy for them and it's almost a cop out for them not to give decisions for and to instead give them against us. Can you imagine Ramires going down and not getting that whistle blown immediately? Rooney? Aguero? Payet even? No chance.

• Like 3

Hope he tells the players to appeal for everything now. We are far too soft and "nice" that Westwood incident summed it up not one player went screaming to Mike Dean afterwards to give him an earful for not blowing the whistle, it's why we consistently think we have had refs I am convinced we make it far too easy for them and it's almost a cop out for them not to give decisions for and to instead give them against us. Can you imagine Ramires going down and not getting that whistle blown immediately? Rooney? Aguero? Payet even? No chance.

You are absolutely right, the only players that would is richards, ayew or maybe gabby. Like I said a few weeks ago they play like cowards not grown men. But yesterday second half I saw some fight in them so I am hoping Garde can get the bets out of these lot. 

It's been that way for years, remember Spurs at home a couple of years ago when Benteke got sent off?

• Like 1

Quite enjoyed his steely unnerved look with no hint of emotion when we scored. Meanwhile Reilly and Fox got hard either side of him coz we scored one goal. Shows signs that he means business and the difficult task ahead.

I have no qualms with this appointment IF Moyes wasn't available. He is a complete contrast to Tim Sherwood and I for one will enjoy Arsene esque fist pumps rather than the "fackin 'ave it!" celebrations from Sherwood.

I hated Sherwood so much. Im just gonna enjoy really wanting this guy to succeed and bring our Villa back

Quite enjoyed his steely unnerved look with no hint of emotion when we scored. Meanwhile Reilly and Fox got hard either side of him coz we scored one goal. Shows signs that he means business and the difficult task ahead.

I have no qualms with this appointment IF Moyes wasn't available. He is a complete contrast to Tim Sherwood and I for one will enjoy Arsene esque fist pumps rather than the "fackin 'ave it!" celebrations from Sherwood.

I hated Sherwood so much. Im just gonna enjoy really wanting this guy to succeed and bring our Villa back

That steely no emotion look was because he's only just been appointed our manager. He is not going to fake his emotions because he knows the camera is on him. I mean who would do that when they're in the stands and haven't even taken a training session yet?

• Like 1

Remi has every chance of keeping us up. Have read pundits who know him say that he brings calmness to a squad - which is what we really need. There looks to be some serious discontent in the squad, which a stress-head like Sherwood has probably amplified ten fold - KM has not helped either.

Remi has every chance of keeping us up. Have read pundits who know him say that he brings calmness to a squad - which is what we really need. There looks to be some serious discontent in the squad, which a stress-head like Sherwood has probably amplified ten fold - KM has not helped either.

I think you will find we need a lot more than calmness.

11/12 half decent players would be a start.

I think you will find we need a lot more than calmness.

11/12 half decent players would be a start.

We've easily got 11/12 decent players in the squad that could and should keep us up - even now. 

This team is so much better than its current state. We need to try and grab something from the next two games - use that time for Garde to get his head around the task in front of him and start to implement a plan to move us forward. 

• Like 3

Am i the only one who doesnt want to see (from what weve seen from them so far this season)

grealish  -- gil -- adama?

i see a lot posting them AM's and hoping garde chooses them but two of these players are going to be incredibly inconsistent who so far this season, offer nothing defensively for the times they are shit. (bit of leniency for Adama given hes come on towards end of the games which could have been told not to defend much given were usually losing etc etc but a lot of people have pointed out he just stands around) 

Especially with amavi lb, whilst very good going forward, has shown plenty of defensive mistakes and the lack of work rate of grealish for the times amavi goes forward is a bit of a problem

Edited by gharperr

What will help this team is not a massive overhaul of players, but a manager who knows which players to use, and where. Oh and a game plan. Oh and some sensible subs. Oh and some experience managing a top flight team.

Â