The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

A great write up on the bbc website by their European football correspondent Andy Brassell about garde and what he brings. Looking forward to it as I think it will be a breath of fresh air as opposed to false dawns and stale air with the same old same old tactics (or non tactics) of the British manager

"He creates the environment in which players can express themselves, and favours attacking, possession-based football. It will be interesting to see if he reprises the 4-4-2 formation which got the most out of talent like Lacazette and playmaker Clement Grenier at Lyon."

If he goes down the 4-4-2 possession route with Villa it could get quite interesting rather quickly

We would be abysmal playing that system. 

Would we? I think his 4-4-2 was a diamond so maybe we'd get (when all fit)

------------------------ Guzan ---------------------------

Hutton----- Richards ------ Okore ---------Amavi

----------------------- Sanchez ------------------------

--------Veretout---------------------Gana------------

------------------------- Gil -----------------------------

-------------- Ayew ---------- Sinclair ---------------

That's not bad is it? Richards, Okore, Amavi, Sanchez, Veretout, Gana, Gil, Ayew all with a good first touch and a decent pass on them. I'd back us to keep the ball better at least.

A great write up on the bbc website by their European football correspondent Andy Brassell about garde and what he brings. Looking forward to it as I think it will be a breath of fresh air as opposed to false dawns and stale air with the same old same old tactics (or non tactics) of the British manager

"He creates the environment in which players can express themselves, and favours attacking, possession-based football. It will be interesting to see if he reprises the 4-4-2 formation which got the most out of talent like Lacazette and playmaker Clement Grenier at Lyon."

If he goes down the 4-4-2 possession route with Villa it could get quite interesting rather quickly

I always thought his Lyon team were 4-4-2 diamond or a 4-4-1-1, the width came from the full backs IIRC. 

Would we? I think his 4-4-2 was a diamond so maybe we'd get (when all fit)

------------------------ Guzan ---------------------------

Hutton----- Richards ------ Okore ---------Amavi

----------------------- Sanchez ------------------------

--------Veretout---------------------Gana------------

------------------------- Gil -----------------------------

-------------- Ayew ---------- Sinclair ---------------

That's not bad is it? Richards, Okore, Amavi, Sanchez, Veretout, Gana, Gil, Ayew all with a good first touch and a decent pass on them. I'd back us to keep the ball better at least.

It is if your name is Traore,Agbonlahor,Gestede or Grealish 

Traore could be used up top as part of the two, or as an attacking change for Veretout, or as the tip of the diamond. Grealish competes with Gil for a place. Gabby and Gestede are competition for places up top. 

Gabby didn't turn up yesterday, so I don't see how you can be sayign he should start right now, Gestede doesn't work in that formation for me.

We already are.

• Like 1

4-4-2 is not viable in the prem unless you have two quality CM's which we don't

I still think 4-2-3-1 is the best way forward i just want to see continuity and the same side given a run of games together so they can build confidence by playing with each other week in week out instead of the squad being radically changed all the time it seems to happen at no other club except ours maybe that's why were bottom of the league?

http://goo.gl/9xiJFB

Another good article - this time Paul Doyle in the Guardian.

Qhite liked this quote: ‘Rémi is our Guardiola’,” said Bernard Lacombe, the long-time adviser to the Lyon president, Jean-Michel Aulas.

His reputation is phenomenal. In those terms he is our most exciting appointment that I can remember. O'Neill maybe aside, but there were plenty of other "reasons to be cheerful" involved there too.

Got such a big job on his hands though, it will be hard to know for sure for quite some time what he is truly made of.

I just want to see continuity and the same side given a run of games together so they can build confidence by playing with each other week in week out instead of the squad being radically changed all the time it seems to happen at no other club except ours maybe that's why were bottom of the league?

This is exactly why we're bottom.  Tim and K-Mac didn't know their managerial arse from their elbow.

Â