The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I honestly think people need to stop worrying so much. If we are 8 points from safety come the new year then yes worry. But at the moment I think everyone just now needs to get behind the new manager and players and become the 12 man again down Villa Park starting next Sunday against city. The fans need to show as much fight as the players now instead of the alternative, crying and moaning for another 6-7 months.

your_country_needs_you1.jpg

YES YOU!!!

starting after the Man City game

First thing he needs to do is bin Richardson, Lescott, Sinclair and Gabby from our starting 11. We have no chance of staying up with that mob in the starting 11. Clark had a shocker aswell but we're a bit stuck there until Okore gets fully fit.

Anyway though Remi seems reasonably clued up so he will restore people like Gana, Amavi to the starting 11 and do something revoulutionary like giving Jordan  Ayew a run of games, y'know a striker who can actually score goals.

They're no world beaters but I'd go with a spine of Guzan-Richards-Gana-Sanchez-Gil-Ayew and fill in with the rest and hope that can scramble some points up to January. People like Grealish, Traore and Veretout have roles to play off the bench.

Good luck getting 10 wins with that squad though.

That's another thing, Lerner needs to follow his hard hitting statement by back Remi in January, we need a striker and centre half as a minimum.

I like Sinclair - still think he has goals in him. What I don't understand though is why he never crosses the ball. And I mean NEVER. Its bizarre - he cuts back on his right foot so much, but never tries to swing the ball in. Dare I say it - can you imagine Gestede on the end of some of Albrighton's crosses (can't believe I just said that). In fact, even today when Gestede came on, I can only think of that Bacuna cross that Gestede headed wide - did anyone else cross the ball at all?

Not to my recollection. I don't think Garde will have written Gestede off after today's game. If you have a one trick pony you get it to do its trick ffs.

• Like 1

You could put your house on us going down if we don't buy at least 3 decent players in January. We need a new centre back back and striker for starters. 

You could put your house on it now. The turn around needed to get to the kind of level you'll usually need to survive come May is near unprecedented. You're looking at asking a team so far showing itself to be particularly bad relegation fodder to turn into the standard usually vying for the Europa League places on a points per game basis, more or less.

Ain't happening. We're done.

Unless Remi Garde is a miracle worker, and I say that as someone who rates him.

The team simply isn't good enough and we've wasted too many points already.

It'll be a tough ask to keep us in the league but this is just pure defeatism.

Confidence is a massive, massive problem for him to overcome.

He starts with a clean slate doesn't he and he initially has the advantage of not being involved in the poor start we have had and is not scarred by the poor results. To make this pay though he does need a win within his first 2 - 3 games in charge.

We saw last season when Sherwood came in and we were on a terrible run a new manager can almost represent a clean slate for the players and you can quickly get a bounce. It happens a lot in fact. I am certainly not expecting anything from the Man City game, Everton will also be a tough ask, but a win against Watford, in three games time, is a must win otherwise that chance to get a positive reaction from a new manager will have pretty much passed and we would then go into games against Southampton and Arsenal in dire trouble and any chance of regaining some confidence on the back of a new manager gone.

Massive month for us coming up and one that will shape the rest of the season. We get a positive result or two and that can be the springboard to achieving safety. We continue to get nothing from games and we will be down.

As was just pointed out we as fans have a big part to play now as well. Lets get behind this manager and give him all the help we can by backing the players during the games with some loud vociferous and passionate support.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

First thing he needs to do is bin Richardson, Lescott, Sinclair and Gabby from our starting 11. We have no chance of staying up with that mob in the starting 11. Clark had a shocker aswell but we're a bit stuck there until Okore gets fully fit.

Anyway though Remi seems reasonably clued up so he will restore people like Gana, Amavi to the starting 11 and do something revoulutionary like giving Jordan  Ayew a run of games, y'know a striker who can actually score goals.

They're no world beaters but I'd go with a spine of Guzan-Richards-Gana-Sanchez-Gil-Ayew and fill in with the rest and hope that can scramble some points up to January. People like Grealish, Traore and Veretout have roles to play off the bench.

Good luck getting 10 wins with that squad though.

That's another thing, Lerner needs to follow his hard hitting statement by back Remi in January, we need a striker and centre half as a minimum.

I like Sinclair - still think he has goals in him. What I don't understand though is why he never crosses the ball. And I mean NEVER. Its bizarre - he cuts back on his right foot so much, but never tries to swing the ball in. Dare I say it - can you imagine Gestede on the end of some of Albrighton's crosses (can't believe I just said that). In fact, even today when Gestede came on, I can only think of that Bacuna cross that Gestede headed wide - did anyone else cross the ball at all?

Not to my recollection. I don't think Garde will have written Gestede off after today's game. If you have a one trick pony you get it to do its trick ffs.

If its a choice between Gestede and Gabby, there is no choice. Ayew looked good playing up top with the license to drift left, Sinclair looked decent also - just needs to cross the ball once in a while. Start Gil on the left with freedom to cut in and cross please. Amavi overlapping from left back and crossing, Hutton hopefully decent at right back - Grealish and Traore as impact subs. Its the makings of a decent team with some goals in it.

The thing about having Sinclair and Ayew in the team is that they get into the box and want to score goals - we are crying out for other players to do this as we no longer have a Benteke that can do it on his own.

Christ knows what team Remi will pick on Sunday.

I honestly think people need to stop worrying so much. If we are 8 points from safety come the new year then yes worry. But at the moment I think everyone just now needs to get behind the new manager and players and become the 12 man again down Villa Park starting next Sunday against city. The fans need to show as much fight as the players now instead of the alternative, crying and moaning for another 6-7 months.

YES YOU!!!

What...?

Me?!

What if we improve but can't stop relegation? I mean, Sherwood's left us in such a hole that we could improve quite a lot yet still go down. Will Garde stay then? I'd like to think so because we could do without changing manager YET AGAIN next summer.

YES YOU!!!

What...?

Me?!

Especially you!!

• Like 1

Be interesting to see who, if anyone, he brings in January. His European  knowledge/connections could prove invaluable.

But surely its been established that the manager doesn't sign the players at our club - they are brought in by the board? 

What is Remi being defined as? The manager or the head coach?

What if we improve but can't stop relegation? I mean, Sherwood's left us in such a hole that we could improve quite a lot yet still go down. Will Garde stay then? I'd like to think so because we could do without changing manager YET AGAIN next summer.

So we get relegated but by 4 points or less? I think that would still be pretty poor, but if Garde wanted to stay then I think the board would keep him.

I honestly think if Sherwood had taken us down last year, we would be flying high in Championship now and Sherwood would be seen as a genius (MON mk 2). The fact he kept us up meant he started with a clean slate this year, and he showed himself to be useless.

If Garde keeps us up, come next season expectation levels will be incredibly high.

Be interesting to see who, if anyone, he brings in January. His European  knowledge/connections could prove invaluable.

But surely its been established that the manager doesn't sign the players at our club - they are brought in by the board? 

Has it?

Sherwood bought his own players in too.

Has it?

Ha! I had my tongue firmly in my cheek. I should have said "established by the media"!

Still intrigued as to whether he is a coach or manager though, or both.

I honestly think if Sherwood had taken us down last year, we would be flying high in Championship now and Sherwood would be seen as a genius (MON mk 2). The fact he kept us up meant he started with a clean slate this year, and he showed himself to be useless.

Nah. He'd still show himself up to be useless AND we'd have even worse players.

Has it?

Ha! I had my tongue firmly in my cheek. I should have said "established by the media"!

Still intrigued as to whether he is a coach or manager though, or both.

Ah gotcha.

Â