The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Garde can't get anymore out of this team at the minute they are fighting were just having no luck which is what happens when your down the bottom

Last week winning goal dropped in the net by the keeper. This week equaliser hand balled to set up the strike before being deflected into the goal. :lol: 

How much more luck do you want?

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Just mentioned Lescott as captain of the team... Interesting.

Yeah I noticed that.

"He is the captain".

Interesting. Might just be a slip of the tongue. He's captain at the moment, maybe he just meant that?

Edited by Stevo985

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

20 seconds left, Leicester in possession.

He was killing the game.

I don't see why everybody is so up in arms about it. It was a 95 minute game of football.

Who's up in arms? I just thought it was a bit odd. Ok so I guess he settled for the draw. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who's up in arms? I just thought it was a bit odd. Ok so I guess he settled for the draw. 

You're not up in arms, but plenty of people appear to be.

He settle for the draw in that situation as it was the best outcome for us given Leicester had the ball and we wouldn't have had time for another attack.

I'd settle for the draw too at that stage.

Just mentioned Lescott as captain of the team... Interesting.

Yeah I noticed that.

"He id the captain".

Interesting. Might just be a slip of the tongue. He's captain at the moment, maybe he just meant that?

I'm with you in that I wasn't exactly sure.

I'm fine with it myself. Remi has earned respect and trust from me. It's taken him a long time to turn the ship, it's most likely too late, but he has clearly done that in my opinion. So free reign... Until we lose again!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He settle for the draw in that situation as it was the best outcome for us given Leicester had the ball and we wouldn't have had time for another attack.

Yeah, everytime!

Bottom versus top and having a draw. Huge point today.  

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm with you in that I wasn't exactly sure.

I'm fine with it myself. Remi has earned respect and trust from me. It's taken him a long time to turn the ship, it's most likely too late, but he has clearly done that in my opinion. So free reign... Until we lose again!

Yep I'd agree.

And even though I think lescott hasn't had a great season, and made a mistake today, overall I think he's been much better the past couple of games. And our defence looks clearly better with him and Okore at centreback as opposed to Richards and a.n. other

Totally. I thought it was good in-game management. Something I personally think he's been good at since day one.

He's found his team now too which is a bonus. If we carry on like this, go down as we likely will, I hope he stays long term.

It was a good response to an awful first half.

What worries me is how physically weak this team is, to say they're lightweight is an understatement, got bullied big time in the first 45, Leicester looked much fitter and stronger on the ball than us. 

We really need to bring some stronger players in.

I was wondering whether it was worth a punt sticking Richards on up front to replace Kozak for the last 10 minutes.  We were clearly banging it long and Richards has excellent pace too, there was the odd break where we could have done with someone a bit quicker, whilst retaining the aerial threat.  Maybe I'm just a bit nuts.

• Like 1

Worth also bearing in mind that he hasn't yet brought in one single player of his choosing. Our remaining fixtures are very tough so for that reason I don't think he'll keep us up, but I am intrigued to think what the squad will look like after the summer transfer window.

12 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I was wondering whether it was worth a punt sticking Richards on up front to replace Kozak for the last 10 minutes.  We were clearly banging it long and Richards has excellent pace too, there was the odd break where we could have done with someone a bit quicker, whilst retaining the aerial threat.  Maybe I'm just a bit nuts.

That you Klopp?

He got it spot on again today for me, wasn't sure Gestede coming on was a great idea but tbf it worked. Maybe the great escape is a little out of reach but at least we've started to pick up points.

• Like 1

Wasn't sure where to put this but thr fluck can't any of our players cross a ball, some can't lift the ball to save their lives, others can't beat the first man. Im pretty confident I could pin a ball to someone's head and find my target better than some of our crop. For too long we just don't have a crosser of the ball except for Amavi

• Like 1

Not really about garde, but more about style of play (we don't really have a thread re this).

For years we have been atrocious at movement off the ball and it is still evident now. 

The lack of width is also shocking. As soon as Leicester won the ball, albrighton and Mahrez would sprint out wide, virtually having their boots on the white paint, this gave them a lot more space down the middle of the pitch. When we get the ball, we are too narrow.

46 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Worth also bearing in mind that he hasn't yet brought in one single player of his choosing. Our remaining fixtures are very tough so for that reason I don't think he'll keep us up, but I am intrigued to think what the squad will look like after the summer transfer window.

Even worse than it is now.

• Like 1

To be fair,for a team that has won one league game prior to tuesday, and after all the goings on at Wycombe, i think we have showed a lot of balls the last 2 games.Nobody is hiding, quite willing to receive the ball in tight spaces, showing plenty of fight.I think Gardes approach, quiet dignity, with a touch of ruthlessness when necessary, is slowly paying dividends.

I'm quite confident he will be a good manager for us.

• Like 1

Â