The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

My only hope is that as it's fairly clear the board have long since accepted we're doomed to relegation this season, Garde has been brought in to build a Championship winning side to get the momentum back and start building practically from scratch on the back of a quick promotion back to the Premier League. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

This. Randy Lerner is the reason we are going to be relegated, not Remi Garde, not Tim Sherwood, Paul Lambert or Alex McLeish,  RANDY LERNER. 

Every Manager Lerner has employed has struggled to keep us afloat, are they all sh*t? 

As i said above, our squad is crap and their attitudes obviously stink, so who is going to come in and do any better? 

I'd say a lack of investment along with the horrible appointments listed above and terrible player signings is the reason we are going down

1 minute ago, av1 said:

This. Randy Lerner is the reason we are going to be relegated, not Remi Garde, not Tim Sherwood, Paul Lambert or Alex McLeish,  RANDY LERNER. 

Every Manager Lerner has employed has struggled to keep us afloat, are they all sh*t? 

As i said above, our squad is crap and their attitudes obviously stink, so who is going to come in and do any better? 

Lerner most definitely is the problem. But he wants out as much as we want him out, and it has not happened. If we go down, he will lose out big time, but I have no sympathy for him.

Keeping Sherwood was not an option. he got us into this mess. Remi might be okay after an off season to bring his players in... but mid season he was the wrong option. Big Sam was available. Moyes was available/still is. Get him in now. Job is his till the end of the season.. if he wants it next year too.. great i doubt he does unless he somehow keeps us up. 

Give him 30 million to spend now. Remi just cant organise anything. Defence.. attack.. its a shambles and i fear only a few of the players are behind him. Many players have gone backwards under him. Needs to go.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Lerner most definitely is the problem. But he wants out as much as we want him out, and it has not happened. If we go down, he will lose out big time, but I have no sympathy for him.

I have no problems with him declaring he wants out. I do genuinely believe he wants out.

However when the situation is THIS bad surely even he knows whilst he still owns the club he has to spend money to even remotely compete now? By compete I don't mean the premier league either, this current side wouldn't stand a chance in the championship not a chance.

It's not just money either simply turning up for a game would probably make these players think twice before putting on performances like this. It's really not good enough by those at the club from the boardroom to the players.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

3 minutes ago, sne said:

I'd say a lack of investment along with the horrible appointments listed above and terrible player signings is the reason we are going down

Well, I think we are all in agreement about that, and that is all down to Lerner.

• Like 1

No amount of polishing will get these stinking turds to shine. The manager could be anyone and results would be similar.

I do think his decisions up to now have proven he's not the man to save us, no point in sacking him now though, that would just add to the comedy that is Aston Villa. Who the hell would want to be his replacement anyway.

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Didn't Tom Fox say that he "wasn't a motivated seller"

I'm sure he does want out mate, but you have to wonder exactly how much.

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Didn't Tom Fox say that he "wasn't a motivated seller"

I'm sure he does want out mate, but you have to wonder exactly how much.

You are right. He probably does not want out as much as we want him out.

55 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

The players he has inherited are simply not good enough

They should be to beat Wycombe and at least put in a performance against the other dross in the Premier League.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

"After the first goal, we stopped playing the game I wanted them to play".

Sounds like the squad either don't respect him or he doesn't have the authority to get the players to do what he wants. Either way, it doesn't reflect well on him (or the payers).

Throwing his players under the bus. Didn't Sherwood do that as well? Doesn't reflect well on the squad does it. 

He continues to play a formation/selection of players that is never going to work or score goals, there is no excuse for insisting on playing Gestede and or Sinclair.

Where do we go from here?

Give him money in the window and hope he improves us? Or cut our losses, don't spend anything, limp towards the end of the season and replace him with someone else?

I'm not sure I want Garde spending money if he's not going to be here next season and I haven't seen anything that would suggest he will be, or deserves to be

• Like 1

Â