Pre-Match Thread

One For The Road

A cup run helped us stay up last season so this match is important. Completely blank canvas for KM, there is no particular style or formation to stick to, I think he will go old school also - and that might just flippin work.

• Like 1

Bunn 

Bacuna Okore Clark Amavi

Sanchez

Veretout     Gana

Traore                            Gil

Ayew

Is Okore fit again?

I still find myself hopeful going into each game because I believe we have good players. Odds are we'll lose but I just want the lineup to make sense and I think we've half a chance. 2-0 Saints.

• Like 2

Looks like Saints will be 'rotating' players and Mane is out. So...Villa leading 1-0, equaliser in the last 10 mins, go out in extra time.

Bunn

Hutton         Richards        Clark      Amavi

Sanchez        Gana

Adama              Ayew               Gil

Kozak

The only thing Im clinging to is the hope that we've done ok against the bigger sides in the league cup over the last few years and come unstuck against the smaller sides. Having said that all the penalties and that last night might act as a swift reminder to the bigger sides not to be too complacent. we'll see. 4-1 southampton then.

You can easily see Bournemouth, Palace and even Boro getting through tonight.  Even if not, with Stoke, Wednesday, Everton and Hull in the pot there's going to be a couple of easier* draws to get to the semis at least.

* For some teams, not so much for us.

I'd be surprised to see Bournemouth progressing. They're more likely to rest players than Liverpool are, given their freefall in the league. I can also imagine Klopp taking every competition very seriously, given his 'title' claim in his opening press conference.

I still find myself hopeful going into each game because I believe we have good players. Odds are we'll lose but I just want the lineup to make sense and I think we've half a chance. 2-0 Saints.

I agree with this - we have the players to give Southampton a game and not be embarrassed. We been totally lacking direction all season and we still havn't been dominated by anyone really - imagine what we might be able to do with a decent formation!

I'm getting excited about this. Not sure why, trying not to think about why, just going with the excitement.

I think KMac will go with this (not 100% what I would choose, just my prediction ):

Guzan

Hutton Richards Lescott Amavi

Gana     Sanchez

Traore    Ayew       Grealish

Gestede

Call me mental, but I think we'll win this by a couple of goals.

Same here.

I'm basing this on nothing more than blind optimism now the last 'manager' has gone and the fact that I'm having a good day.

:D 

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Call me mental, but I think we'll win this by a couple of goals.

Same here.

I'm basing this on nothing more than blind optimism now the last 'manager' has gone and the fact that I'm having a good day.

:D 

Me too. Just have an optimistic feeling about this one. Maybe even a win on pennos, but they all count.

Me and Paddywhack are on the way to Southampton!

I'm not hopeful of a win, in fact I think we could get another thumping. But who knows?!

K-Macs claret and blue army!

• Like 1