Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, Arj Guy said:

Shelvey isn't exactly a reserve though is he? He's played in most league games this season

he has started 1 game in the last 8, he is 4th choice at moment behind Ki, Cork and Britton

To be fair if Shelvey puts in performances that keep Newcastle up it's money well spent for them. Same with them signing that Saivet.

If we were in that position i'd be happy with those signings especially if we stayed up because of it.

I think £12m is the new £2m with this new TV deal in place. Soon we will have the likes of Watford spending £30m+ on a player.

If only we could convince Remy to come here for the remainder of the season.  Even put a must-play clause into his loan deal.  We need goals.  That's the most important part of this window.  Everything follows that.  If we improve the keeper and the right back but we do nothing up top then we'll definintely sink without a trace.  We probably will anyway, but at least this way we'll be in games and may even win some zomg!.

• Like 3

This transfer window is fast passing us by. The "custodian" has yet to decide whether he will finance the moves his manager wants to make and I anticipate he will make his decision on the day after the transfer window closes.

Clubs that are around us are getting players in whilst we who have the greater need do nothing at all. Is it just that players do not want to come to us or is it that we are unwilling to pay the wages they would want to join us or we are unwilling to give them a get out clause should we as seems likely take the drop? Or is it that the club have given up already and are just looking to let players go without replacing them? Was there any transfer budget at all? These are desperate days at Villa Park!    

• Like 1

Reckons in papers that Watford will buy Rico Henry from Walsall and loan him back for rest of the season to get game time (Similar to what Spurs did with Alli and MK Dons)

I have mentioned Henry in this thread before as a potential taget he is a talent and one of the best youngsters in League 1.

Comes to something when Watford can bid on a promising talent and loan him back to Walsall but a club like ourselves are nowhere to be seen as usual.

We should be doing the same with lower division talent, loaning them back and get them ready for the summer pre-season (whatever division we will be in)

Our scouting system is a mess!!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Barney_avfc said:

Dwight Gayle available for the right price apparently. We had an offer rejected in the summer if I remember rightly. I think he would be a good striker for next season in the division below the Premier league. :P

see if we can tempt Palace into a straight swap Gabby for Gayle ;) 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Reckons in papers that Watford will buy Rico Henry from Walsall and loan him back for rest of the season to get game time (Similar to what Spurs did with Alli and MK Dons)

I have mentioned Henry in this thread before as a potential taget he is a talent and one of the best youngsters in League 1.

Comes to something when Watford can bid on a promising talent and loan him back to Walsall but a club like ourselves are nowhere to be seen as usual.

We should be doing the same with lower division talent, loaning them back and get them ready for the summer pre-season (whatever division we will be in)

Our scouting system is a mess!!

Agreed, we ought to have first dibs on all the talent in the midlands, we should have signed Gray from Birmingham in the summer, what a talent he looks.

Sadly, this has been the case for a very long time, we do not have a good enough grip on our own region when it comes to scouting. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Dwight Gayle available for the right price apparently. We had an offer rejected in the summer if I remember rightly. I think he would be a good striker for next season in the division below the Premier league. :P

Anyone Sherwood wanted last summer should be avoided at all costs!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Agreed, we ought to have first dibs on all the talent in the midlands, we should have signed Gray from Birmingham in the summer, what a talent he looks.

Sadly, this has been the case for a very long time, we do not have a good enough grip on our own region when it comes to scouting. 

Totally agree

Henry is another Birmingham born lad as well!!

Shocked we never spotted Berahino when he was growing up in Newtown.. Walsall have some very talented youngsters come through last few years or clever free transfer buys and sold for big money (Dann,Fryatt, Deeney, Ricketts, Will Grigg, Daniel Fox) and now have likes of Sawyers, Henry and Bradshaw which will see at least 7 figure fees for all three!

Not sure why we never seem to loan them our youngsters (they only seem to sign for Walsall after we have released them such as Darren Byfield) and us have first dibs on theirs? As they are a perfect local club for us that play football the right way and they seem to be churning out some good youngsters every couple of seasons as well.

Edited by Villan4Life

Its an impossible situation this isn't it. 

We have plenty of "PL experience" (:puke:) in the team  and we should now be playing the kids ready for next season. 

We play the kids ready for next season and the fanbase would be in uproar about the lack of experience players getting a game. "How can you play him when *insert name here* is sat on his arse on the bench"

• Like 2

Mail reckons we want Florentin Pogba.
We was linked last summer wasn't he on a bosman free then and we still chose not to sign him and went for Amavi instead?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-rumour-mill-10719336

Aston Villa want to sign the brother of Juventus star Paul Pogba.

Saint-Etienne defender Florentin Pogba is on the radar of Remi Garde , but a deal is unlikely in January.

The 25-year-old is also a target for Lazio, Swansea and Norwich and is currently trying to help his side qualify for The Champion's League.

The report on Foot Mercato claims that no offers have been made for him but he is likely to leave the club in the summer, especially if they fail to make the Champion's League.

There seems to be very little real substance in this report, especially with a view to him being a realistic player for Villa anytime soon

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Rico Henry and Sam Byram are such no-brainers that you can be sure we won't even attempt to get them. 

Could we afford them?

I think we have to seriously question whether or not we'll even be able to buy anybody who currently plays in England, the fees banded about so far this window are completely out of our league. £12m for Shelvey? Makes me even more annoyed that Delph wanted such a low clause in his contract.

15 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Could we afford them?

I think we have to seriously question whether or not we'll even be able to buy anybody who currently plays in England, the fees banded about so far this window are completely out of our league. £12m for Shelvey? Makes me even more annoyed that Delph wanted such a low clause in his contract.

Byram is out of contract in summer so Leeds would probably accept £3mil and Henry is valued at around £3mil by Walsall