Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I can imagine Lerner's thinking is 'the squad wasn't good enough for the premiership but will be fine for the Championship... until I finally get rid.'

It's not even about maintaining anything anymore, he couldn't sell the club in the Premiership, he won't be able to sell it in the Championship either. He won't spend money to get us promoted as he won't gamble anymore. Garde might have luck re-investing funds of players he moves on, but I imagine we will take some big hits on the transfers in the summer and literally not replace who we sell because Lerner will offset losses by halting any further investment. We can only dream of the Lambert young hungry cheap and crap levels of transfer investment.

If he doesn't sell we will have seasons of slow inevitable descent.

Maybe we should be thankful that he is investing in a better club infrastructure, but I can't help feel that is just so he doesn't have to have anything to do with the club's running rather than any real ambition.

We could literally be what Coventry became in less than five years.

Surely he will understand we need to get back into the top flight in one season if the unthinkable that we are all now thinking about does happen? If not, surely one of the people he has taken on to run the club for him in his continued absence will appreciate this and be prepared to tell him rather than just play the role of a yes man to continue getting their salary for as long as possible? I guess he will not and they will continue to do what they are told to do without questioning the "shareholder" in a way that might make him feel a touch uncomfortable.

We needed new players to maximise the slim chances we have of staying up this season. We will need new players to maximise our chances of getting back up and to replace those that will leave in the summer if/when we do go down. Not having a positive net spend in this and the summer window could well see us stay down for the following season at least which would make the club impossible to sell at anywhere near the figure he wants to get for us.

Not making a reasonable investment on the playing side to stay up/gain promotion would be likely to cost the club millions in lost income and more importantly would cost the club and its fans a lot more in terms of lost pride. Cutting back is likely to cost our "custodian" more in the long term than it saves him in the short term. But I doubt he would see it that way or be prepared to speculate a little to accumulate a lot....    

• Like 1

Its rare a Premiership side in January gives up and accepts relegation, can't actually remember a club that actually did. While we are standing still, the likes of Sunderland, an Newcastle are shoring up there sides fighting to stay in this league. Our board are basically a bunch of W*******s to not use this January transfer window to purchase or even just loan a few as a last resort to help our season. 

I am begining to despise this board. Lerner obviously thinks Fox has f*******ed up, an i'm not sure who this Hollis is, but one thing for sure, he has certainly has not been brought in to save our season. Poor remi, is all I can say.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I can imagine Lerner's thinking.....

Lerner isn't thinking about anything. He's washed his hands of his mid-life crisis purchase. He couldn't give a shit anymore. That's why we are where we are.

The worst thing for me is that whoever goes down with us, be it Bournemouth, Norwich, Sunderland, Swansea or Newcastle, all 5 have supplemented their squads in this window which will make it easier for them to bounce back next year if they are relegated this season. Even if all of them lose a few players their squads will still be stronger than ours as our board seem to care more about developing "sell-able assets" on the cheap.

Pathetic showing by a foolish bunch of clowns running this club.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

The worst thing for me is that whoever goes down with us, be it Bournemouth, Norwich, Sunderland, Swansea or Newcastle, all 5 have supplemented their squads in this window which will make it easier for them to bounce back next year if they are relegated this season. Even if all of them lose a few players their squads will still be stronger than ours as our board seem to care more about developing "sell-able assets" on the cheap.

Pathetic showing by a foolish bunch of clowns running this club.

Do you think some of those big money spenders have relegation clauses built in. I would expect so, and I feel the majority, if not all will leave if their new team is relegated. I don't think it will be easier for them to come straight back up. I do however believe they have a greater chance of staying up than us, by buying a few players.

Everyone we've previously been linked to is now strongly linked to other clubs.

I basically get the impression we've gone in like a crap haggler goes into a car showroom.

"I like it. I want to take it today. Cash in my pocket. What can we do about the price if we shake hands now?"

"Nothing.."

"OK. Bye!"

2 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Everyone we've previously been linked to is now strongly linked to other clubs.

I basically get the impression we've gone in like a crap haggler goes into a car showroom.

"I like it. I want to take it today. Cash in my pocket. What can we do about the price if we shake hands now?"

"Nothing.."

"OK. Bye!"

More Fox and Hollis sat in a dark room like this:

lost.gif

Returning when the window closes.

"Did we miss something?"

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DK82 said:

What are they thinking? These clubs don't get modern football do they? Spending money LOLZ

no need for the sarcastic response mate

i find it mental that a championship club looking at promotion could spend £13million on a striker who isn't proven above the championship.

Looks like we're going to get Doumbia on loan with automatic permanent transfer if we stay up 

Would be happy with that for a start. Would hope for another 1. Hopefully a GK.

On The West Midlands football phone-in on BBC Radio WM tonight they played the following from Remi's media conference:

“You know I'm not this kind of person that will complain to put the pressure away from me or to put the responsibility away from me; you know I'm not this kind of person and I will never be. I try to, to explain err with my experience to the board to the club in which way we could improve the team you know but as I told you I’m not the guy who decide err how much money we should spend in this football club now you know I can only recommend what could be nice but I’m not financially speaking I’m not err I’m not the guy who can say ok in the next 2, 3, 4 years we need to do that financially. I’m not this skills, I’ve got the skills to say ok if we can do that now it would be good for the team but then after that I respect the decision you know and once again I won’t complain because if I complain it’s a very negative sign to my players to my current player and I respect them a lot. I have the feeling that for the last 5, 6, 7 games we can go I think we started at Southampton which was a long time ago err of course I’ve got reproach after the game but its tactical and technical reproach but to be fair they are giving their best 9 time out of 10 and which is more important for me. I explained to you that my job is to, to exploit at the best as I can the potential of my team the other part of the job is to say ok we have that, if we could have that we will improve for sure the global potential but after that I can do nothing".

A list of 5 players was also mentioned as having been put to the board by Remi over January by one of the presenters of the show. We like our manager are still waiting for the first of these players to join us.