Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

still no names for a striker connected to us ey? so we have two options currently available due to injuries and whatnot. Or are we going to give Hepburn-Murphy a shot and rely on unproven juniors? bleak bleak bleak.

the thing is with debuchy is the assumption that a bloke living in london on £60k a week will make a football decision

he wont, he'll still be a bloke living in london on £60k a week come tuesday morning

footballers making decisions based on football :lol:

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the thing is with debuchy is the assumption that a bloke living in london on £60k a week will make a football decision

he wont, he'll still be a bloke living in london on £60k a week come tuesday morning

footballers making decisions based on football :lol:

He claimed to want to leave Arsenal to get games with a view to getting to the Euros. If he chooses to stay where he is it will suggest he has given up on that idea. 

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

"I won't complain to take the pressure or responsibility away from me. I'm not the guy who decides how much money we spend, I can only recommend."

Is perhaps the more important part of that conference. 

From the Beeb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/34977248

I don't think there's a single football club where that isn't the case. Just at other clubs the chairman/owner who makes the decision on spending is more likely to say yes to the manager.

20 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I don't think there's a single football club where that isn't the case. Just at other clubs the chairman/owner who makes the decision on spending is more likely to say yes to the manager.

The fact that he's mentioned it suggests it's the reason he can't bring the players he wants in.

• Like 4

Whilst logically you can see why they are not trying harder , the moral of team and fans for rest of season will not be good.The players are doing ok at the moment but board given up , fans will give up whats to keep them going..I fear the season petering out into more loss's and us left having to rebuild confidence and moral into next season

• Like 1

Just now, Nabby said:

Whilst logically you can see why they are not trying harder ,

Thats the issue I have.  There is not one logical argument for this inactivity not one that trumps the fact that we are a **** football club for **** sake.

• Like 2

Austin.     Afobe

Khazri.     Amartey    Saivet.    Townsend

Cissokho    Kone.      Okore        Byram 

Valdes

What could have been. Not saying all these players are better then what we currently have or worth what was paid for them or that they would have joined us but the fact that we haven't improved a single position when we could have had basically a whole new team is depressing.

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

Thats the issue I have.  There is not one logical argument for this inactivity not one that trumps the fact that we are a **** football club for **** sake.

Surely at the very least we should be bringing in a few players that would do well in the Championship. Add a bit of depth to the current squad, keep Remi and the fans happy and give the new players six months to settle so that we hit the ground running next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Surely at the very least we should be bringing in a few players that would do well in the Championship. Add a bit of depth to the current squad, keep Remi and the fans happy and give the new players six months to settle so that we hit the ground running next season.

You would think so but nope.

I can also understand the other side of the argument why would a player leave for a club that will most likely get relegated in the next 6 months, however for next season at least (before the clowns mess it up) we would be one of the better teams in the championship who players will look at as a club that can come straight back up, you would think they would play on this and get a few players in whilst that reputation stays in place before the reality sinks in that we would probably be mid-table or worse next season.

Think needs to be taken into account that our position is so grim no one wants to come here , Naismith turned us down reportedly do you think if we were closer to Norwich he would go there over us ..no chance.The loss's over Norwich and Sunderland at xmas really put the nail in the coffin even drawing those 2 would of given us more of a chance.

I think we have a few players lined up but they are waiting to see if someone better comes in last minute 

• Like 1