Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

It's surely all coming down to wages, we won't be able to offer them premiership wages, or look least likely to be able to offer premiership wages. Equally there's no point buying championship talent now when they will be cheaper in the summer - in the eyes of the board of course.

Just now, Jareth said:

It's surely all coming down to wages, we won't be able to offer them premiership wages, or look least likely to be able to offer premiership wages. Equally there's no point buying championship talent now when they will be cheaper in the summer - in the eyes of the board of course.

Nope, its our 10points from relegation why players arent interested.  Would you blame a player with potential for not wanting to come here?  A good striker on loan is the only way i can see us getting in someone we would be happy with.

If the problem is about players not wanting to move because of our position, then, frankly that isn't going to change.

Moreover, if it's that we won't splash the cash, it won't matter if players are available following the flurry of activity in the last few hours. 

There's only one of these things that the club can affect between now and the deadline. The board won't shift position now.

I can't see us signing anyone. 

12 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Nope, its our 10points from relegation why players arent interested.  Would you blame a player with potential for not wanting to come here?  A good striker on loan is the only way i can see us getting in someone we would be happy with.

I'd imagine it's a mix of both.

Sunderland are 6 points ahead of us as it stands so it's not a mighty gap from them to us (agree on the safety margin though)

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I'd imagine it's a mix of both.

Sunderland are 6 points ahead of us as it stands so it's not a mighty gap from them to us (agree on the safety margin though)

Well if alot of the main press are to believed in france, Khariz turned down an offer from us as he wasnt interested in coming because of our situation.

In saying that we arent that far from sunderland, so they probably offered him more wages and perhaps no reduction if they get relegated to negate it.  We def werent going to do that in regards a contract offer, nor should we.

• Like 2

They are paying around 8 mil for him

The market is pretty lopsided at moment in all of europe the 4 clubs directly above us are only ones really spending.Assuming we are gone them 4 are battling to not be one of the other 2 , 2 of them are going to go question is how much will the 2 that go suffer with the spending they are making now.

4 minutes ago, Nabby said:

They are paying around 8 mil for him.

That explains why he is not coming to us then it would be just like throwing money at it! :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Debuchy on loan and that will probably be that. Not even that is a guarantee considering Sunderland are in for him. 

If and its a big IF the wages are the same then playing for 4 months in Sunderland under Big Sam seems a little less tempting than signing for us.  

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

Rémi Garde press conference: "Everyone is working hard to get players in. For many reasons it's difficult at the moment. Hopefully before Monday I'm hoping I can have more players."

"I won't complain to take the pressure or responsibility away from me. I'm not the guy who decides how much money we spend, I can only recommend."

Is perhaps the more important part of that conference. 

From the Beeb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/34977248

• Like 4