Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

So Pato deal to Chelsea looking all but done. Remy has been told he can go on loan should Chelsea sign a striker. Adebeyor to Palace looks on. 33/1 on Sky bet for Remy to join Villa. Just had a tenner on it! 

Spoiler

Was a free bet, I'm not that mad! 

If the nob ends running the club had any ambition of staying up we could of signed a striker a couple of weeks back and turned the 2 recent league draws into wins and be 6 points from safety, pathetic losers the lot of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

If we could just get this kalinic deal through and get remy in on loan id consider it a great window in our position.

I'd be happy with Kalinic and Remy on loan but I'd be happier if we signed a striker who could do a job for us no matter what league we are in and would be here for next season to help us get back up (someone like Afobe). 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thunderball said:

we need two strikers. What happened to that prolific dutch league guy from guatemala for £250K, that the women were getting silly over? (you know who I mean)

Christian Santos. Who knows?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/26/report-aston-villa-join-race-for-ivorian-striker-seydou-doumbia/

Report: Aston Villa join race for Ivorian striker Seydou Doumbia

Now Calcio Web in Italy is suggesting that Fenerbahce are in pole position to sign Doumbia - but that Aston Villa are not far behind in the battle for his signature.

Tenuous link at best but gives us something else/new to disagree on. 

There is also another article on there saying we should go for Matthew Ryan from Valencia, young highly rated and hardly played. Worth trying for a loan surely. 

Isn't Doumbia on ridiculous wages? But then again Remy's wages are probably quite high as well. We need a striker just to make it to the end of the season. As much as I like Kozak, we can't be relying on him and only him for the rest of this season. 

• Like 1

We should be going all out to sign Dwight Gayle or even Peter Crouch. Both players know where the net is; Dwight Gayle is the type to tirelessly chase defenders while Crouch as we all know has good feet for a big lad, and can be deadly in the box. Both players not playing reguarly for their clubs at all so maybe will want to move to play.

• Like 1

Crouch wouldn't fit into the way Garde wants the team to play and is about as mobile nowadays as Gestede. Couldn't stand him when we signed him but have grown to like him as a player over the years. He suffers from being so god dam tall, the easy & panic option is just to lump the ball up to him due to his height. He is more skilful that he gets credit for. 

When it comes to villa nowadays I'm a glass half full type of guy ( not always been the case) and until the window is closed I have faith we will pull something out of the bag in terms of a striker and miraculously stay up. Click is ticking though. 

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If Newcastle come in for remy he will go there

i dont blame him tbh, newcastle have been pro active in this window,jjs & townsend,they have gave them two quality proven playes to work with, this chair man of our has been quoted saying its not money that makes a team,you pay now chairman or pay later

• Like 1