Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Just put 'championship signings' into the forum search box.

The last time I took search advice from a forum it resulted in me seeing something involving 2 girls and 1 cup. I haven't been the same since.

• Like 2

I would try and get Mile Jedinak and Dwight Gayle from Crystal Palace. Jedinak will have a point to prove and is a leader who will make us a lot more solid in midfield and in general. Gayle is dynamic, skillful & quick and an ideal partner for Libor Kozak. I can see them working well together. Both would be relatively cheap.

Get Debuchy in on loan and Mirallas on loan and I'll put $100 on Villa to stay up.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Where did you see that? :blink:

Ha Ha! The most reliable place on the internet.....A David Gold tweet!

I'm sure tis complete bull like most of his utterances.

Austin is from the south coast and wanted to move closer to his family.

The Sun and this report reckons we now want Rico Henry

http://the72.co.uk/46149/aston-villa-plot-move-for-walsall-left-back/

Premier League side Aston Villa are plotting a move for Walsall left-back Rico Henry, according to a report by The Sun.

Henry has been in superb form for the League One side this season and is believed to have been watched by Premier League sides Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur already.

Henry has been a regular in Walsall’s starting XI this season, with both Dean Smith and Sean O’Driscoll focusing on bringing youth players through into the first team.  With 25 appearances already this season, this approach has clearly benefited Henry.

Despite the interest in the defender Walsall boss Sean O’Driscoll has said that the club aren’t looking to part with Henry, and only a substantial bid would be enough to tempt the club to sell.

O’Driscoll said: It’s going to take a hell of a lot of money to take Rico away from this football club. Every player has a price don’t they? We all know that. But it would take a very big offer and I’m not sure he’d want to go, at the moment, as well.

“Despite all the clubs linked, nobody has approached the football club. He wants to keep developing and playing in first-team football games. He’s got to keep progressing and developing and doing what he’s doing.”

• Like 2

I still be.ieve we will do some business this window and hopefully it'll be with an eye on staying up and not preparing for next season. If we don't however what message does that send to Garde the squad and the fans? Garde has got the players fighting and believing now not adding to them basically says we are down. Who would want to be a part of a club that gives in so early? This time last year Leicester bought Kasmeric he didn't set the world alight but it may have inspired the existing players. We need a CF now go get one!! 

Apparently Galatasaray are willing to let Burak Yilmaz go for £5m and are even prepared to loan him out until the summer. He has a decent goals to game ratio so if we are only going for cheap transfers we could do worse than this.

13 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Rico Henry would be a gamble id be interested to see. Only thing which makes me think that the link is BS is that we have a future star in Amavi as LB and can't see where another promising player fits in.

I've never seen this guy play but he has been mentioned on here a few times as a player with huge potential. 

Regarding Amavi. Without sounding to pessimistic, his injury probably means he starts next season with us, but unfortunately I can't see a player of that class hanging around to long after relegation. I'm sure he will have no end suitors. 

'Substantial offer'

'Hell of a lot of money'

'A very big offer'

3 quotes from O'Driscoll that lead me to believe we will not be signing Rico Henry. 

19 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Rico Henry would be a gamble id be interested to see. Only thing which makes me think that the link is BS is that we have a future star in Amavi as LB and can't see where another promising player fits in.

It's the right way to approach it though. If Amavi turns out to deliver on his potential we will sell him for a lot of money. It's right that the club would already have his replacement at the club and with appearances under his belt.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dn1982 said:

I'd say the scouting is good at the minute but wasn't before. All those mentioned I'd never heard of but you need to get lucky when spending very low amounts otherwise someone else would've took the gamble. Leicester have hit the jackpot but I agree you need a balance. 

.......but its not just Leicester is it?

Look, no one is saying it is easy.....but it is doable.

just a few recent examples of poor budget signings

• Illori
  • Crespo
  • Luna
  • Bowery
  • Tonev
  • Hellenius

In recent times we are notoriously bad at it......but in times gone by very Good.

• Platt
  • Yorke
  • McGrath
  • Gray
  • Evans
  • Barry
  • Teale
  • Cropley
  • Rimmer
  • Swain 
  • Morley
  • Leonard

just a few off the top of my head.

The difference....The internet yes..... but mainly the people spotting them.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

It's the right way to approach it though. If Amavi turns out to deliver on his potential we will sell him for a lot of money. It's right that the club would already have his replacement at the club and with appearances under his belt.

What kind of crazy talk is this?