Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

6 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

All our wrongs will be put right because we've got a bloke whose only credential is he once kicked a spherical object around grass quite well. 

All hail the football person! We're saved. 

Ha ha. :) There's definitely some truth to that gag. On the other hand, there are these other football bloke people around who also have a bit more knowledge than that in their feet.

I don't think there's much, if any chance of one being appointed (or even wanting such a job at Villa) but they do exist. Graham Taylor is one such. 

• Like 1

It probably is a football person one the board; hopefully a striker will be signed next week as well though.

Loic Remy will not leave Chelsea until they have a replacement for him already signed.

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

Ha ha. :) There's definitely some truth to that gag. On the other hand, there are these other football bloke people around who also have a bit more knowledge than that in their feet.

I don't think there's much, if any chance of one being appointed (or even wanting such a job at Villa) but they do exist. Graham Taylor is one such. 

Yes, he very much is. That would be an appointment I would be happy with. 

19 minutes ago, useless said:

They're talking about Stuart Pearce on twitter.

I would honestly cry. Stuart Pearce would be the worst possible "football man" we could hope for. 

This has Lerner written all over it. (Or Hollis/fox, whoever the bloody hell is pulling the strings these days)

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, he very much is. That would be an appointment I would be happy with. 

He's a dinosaur and isn't up to date with modern football. I'd prefer someone more clued in to what football is like now, Ian Taylor for example.

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Stuart Pearce lol

if that's true what have we really done to deserve this do the board hate us or something

The man has been a failure in every appointment. Even a half competent board couldn't make a case for appointing Stuart Pearce. 

Sadly we lack that half competent board. 

35 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's a nice shout, Blandy. I kind of agree, but then his second stint here was a disaster. However, he won't be managing us this time around, but that gets me thinking - what would his actual remit be?

Would he oversee the transfer panel, but then who makes the final decision on signings? Would he advise on tactics and training? But that'd be meddling too far in the manager's role. Or maybe on the commercial side? But surely Fox is more of an expert in that field. Would it be general advisory? If so on what? 

There's always this clamour for a 'football person'. I just don't understand what they would do. 

(I'm not necessarily expecting you to answer those questions; just thinking out loud). 

22 minutes ago, av1 said:

I would honestly cry. Stuart Pearce would be the worst possible "football man" we could hope for. 

This has Lerner written all over it. (Or Hollis/fox, whoever the bloody hell is pulling the strings these days)

If it is Pearce then it could be a place on the board or the coaching staff. i was rather hoping that after I posted it, the rumour would have been dismissed out of hand by now. I guess you never know with this club.

The Stuart Pearce stuff is just twitter bs I think someone tweeted it just as a suggestion and as a result it's blown out of proportion. Truth is, we don't know what it is yet, no harm in speculating though!