Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Our idea of signing experienced premiership players are players who have been half descent in the past and who have went off the boil for a good period of time.  For some reason Villa think they can turn them back into what they once were, that and they are cheap.

e.g. Sendoros, Lescott, Richards, Sinclair, Richardson to name a few.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Our idea of signing experienced premiership players are players who have been half descent in the past and who have went off the boil for a good period of time.  For some reason Villa think they can turn them back into what they once were, that and they are cheap.

e.g. Sendoros, Lescott, Richards, Sinclair, Richardson to name a few.

That and also the "young players" plan we tried were players who really weren't pulling up any trees at their clubs at the time. Westwood, Bowery etc.

They weren't a Dele Alli for example.

I still maintain the route we went down was right but the execution of it was absolutely horrible. They weren't even promising players in their own division. Shocking.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2016 at 13:05, Richard said:

we always sell to clear out the dross it happens every bloody window

we sell to clear out the dross....to buy more dross.

and the cycle goes on.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I still maintain the route we went down was right but the execution of it was absolutely horrible. They weren't even promising players in their own division. Shocking.

My view too.

My view has been for some time.....the players we buy is a bigger issue than the amount of money we spend.

There is a relationship I know, but this football club has had much better teams and NEVER been renowned for spending big.

I think we are barking up the wrong tree.....we need a bloody good Chief Scout.

On 7/1/2016 at 15:01, Adbo9 said:

Debuchy ?? I cant see what an average, injury prone, out of form right back is going to do to improve our team and keep us up if im honest........ If were going for domestic loans for a few quid why waste a space on a right back that I don't think will greatly improve us..................

It's OK.  That average, injury prone, out of form right back is being looked at by Roma and Leverkusen aswell, so you probably don't have to concern yourself with him.

Me, I think he'd be a hell of a coup, but I also think he'd need his head examined as part of the medical if he agreed to come anywhere near us.

• Like 2

Ironically my main memory of Debuchy when he was at Newcastle was him getting destroyed by.....Gabby. Won a penalty in a game we lost 1-2 (Cabaye hit a stunner infront of the Holte) and was murdering him before Lambert comically moved him to the other flank and he barely touched the ball again (It was around the time of the Bradford debacle).

He's better than Hutton and Bacuna but he isn't magically fly us up the league on his own.

I'd say strictly speaking, no rightback in the world will magically fly us up the league on his own.  It's about replacing the shit, one piece at a time.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'd say strictly speaking, no rightback in the world will magically fly us up the league on his own.  It's about replacing the shit, one piece at a time.

yeah but think Debuchy is only a loan so its not even replacing its just a short term solution :(

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

yeah but think Debuchy is only a loan so its not even replacing its just a short term solution :(

I tihnk that's our only hope of bringing in quality.  No-one worth anything is going to join this ... I was going to say sinking ship ... we're practically a submarine now.

• Like 3

He's an improvement on what we have, short term or not - which is the main thing right now.

We really need some good attacking options though... I've lost count of the amount of times I've noticed in the Wycombe game that a promising attack has been ruined by incompetent individuals. Gana or Westwood to Gil, Gil to Richardson/Sinclair/Bacuna and they lose it. Against League 2 opposition. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I tihnk that's our only hope of bringing in quality.  No-one worth anything is going to join this ... I was going to say sinking ship ... we're practically a submarine now.

true but long term I would rather spend money on Byram at Leeds now plus he has experience of the league we will be in next season

rds1983 beat me to it :P

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2