Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

although i agree with the sentiment of needing a goalkeeper and a striker, lets be honest, we will only buy dross in january, so much so that they will have no impact on keeping us up.

no team will sell a top keeper or a top striker mid-season, january is for filling gaps of injuries or adding depth.

adding to the above, no top keeper or striker will want to come to use when were propping up the premier league.

in addition, i think we also need a right back considering sherwood is convinced richards is any good at centre back.

• Like 1

I'm on board with the new goalkeeper shouts now. Although I still think there are other areas of the pitch where a good new signing will have more of a positive effect. Striker mainly.

• Like 1

I think we will spend. Albeit panic buys.

We've been hovering around the relegation zone a lot over the last 5 years in January and it's been questionable whether signing players in the Jan window would keep us up. This time, I think we will have no choice. We will be adrift and we either go out and sign 2 good players, 1 of whom needs to be a class striker, or we go down.

Sherwood out.

• Like 1

A new manager in plenty of time before the window who has a clear philosophy and will identify a good GK and CF who are upgrades on what we have (shouldn't be too hard based on Guzan's performances this season, filled with gaffes).

Lerner needs to put his hand in his pocket to the tune of 15-20mill so that the manager can target proven quality.

I'd like us to sign Cheick Diabate from Bordeaux. Think he'd bag goals in the Premier League. 

how will he perform in the championship.  if we sign anyone at all in january it will be with an eye to having a squad to compete in the next league down

Ayew, Adama, Gil, Amavi, Richards, Grealish.......? A team second from bottom. Does'nt wash with me, these are not relegation players.

Sherwood is the one underachieving and needs to go first and foremost. We need someone with experience and big nads who can hit the ground running. The tools are there, all it needs is someone who is skilled enough to use them.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but has anyone on that list scored more than once (or maybe twice?) this year?

And Sherwood is to blame for all that?

Maybe. I don't know. I'm not a football-ologist, but it just sort of seems to me, in my admittedly feeble-minded understanding of the ins and outs of British football, that perhaps we have some player problems? Maybe?

Gestede has three -- you didn't mention.