Badge Changes & Tweaks?

jackbauer24

I can't link this because it was all online through an email, but I was just doing the annual Premier League fan survey and the questions are very similar year on year; how far do you live from ground, who do you take, what do you spend, do you want televised football blah blah blah but then at the end there were four very unusual/ tailored questions.

Choose which Aston Villa badge you like (from four from our history)
Do you think the lion should have claws? Why?
What does the word 'Prepared' mean to you?
How strongly do you feel the word 'Prepared' should be included in the badge?

So have the club asked for this information? Is another badge change/tweak in the offing? Personally I wish they'd just leave it alone now and focus on more important things, teams should change badges once every 50/100 years not with each new kit...

I hate the current badge. Why did they remove the claws from the lion? Is it to reflect the softness of our team? No outline or shadowing on the lion also makes the yellow on blue look indecipherable from a distance. It's too blue and there isn't enough claret. The AVFC looks shite. The star looks out of place. Not a fan of the shape either. 

They should just use the 82 badge as inspiration and update it slightly.

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 4

The current badge is shite! Should say ASTON VILLA, everything about it is paanzyish. For the people saying these are distraction tactics and we should be focused on other things. Do people seriously not think we have different departments in charge of different facets? Or do they think Tim Sherwood and Team have been taking a break out from football matters and have the team taking graphic design, marketing and art lessons? lol. These are some of the things I was hoping Tom Fox would bring about based on the calibre of club and marketing background he has come from. all of these small things are actually a plus and an overall part of the morale and pride within the club and fanbase. We have needed a solid image revamp for quite some time!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

I never understand the hate for the current badge. I don't have a problem with it. It looks nice to me, and we have much more to worry about than the lion missing his claws.

The only thing I don't like about the current badge is the star. When we put that star in our crest it felt like the club admitting that we'd never be champions of europe again. "Look what we did once". At the time we were knocking on the door of the champions league, and I'd hoped we would have one proudly floating above the crest when we played in that competition.

I like "AVFC", it looks clean to me.

I understand the concerns of having a yellow lion on a blue background.

• Like 1

I think there should be an update, not a retrofit. The older badges are all good, IMO, even the 90's ones.

I think "Prepared" needs to be on there, it's unique, even if we appear to be the opposite of prepared these days.

I like this one-

th?&id=OIP.M3c0137930692308fe96368ac4e6c

I quite like this concept! Just needs some tweaking!

• Like 2

The least of our worries at the moment. Nice distraction tactics from the club - very political. 

Hardly. A few questions on the end of a Premier League fan survey?

If tat's the club trying to distract the fans then it's a very subtle way of doing it!

Do you not think if they were trying to distract the fans with a new badge they would just come out and announce we're getting a new badge?

A couple of years samjp26? It does seem we do have bigger fish to fry currently after all then.;)

We should keep the star because the boys of 82 earned it for us after all.

Adding that to something similar to the late 70's badge as Mattyvilla has shown above would do for me. 

I don't care enough about the badge. Pretty much every other problem we have is bigger.

But for what it's worth, I think the declawed lion is stupid, I don't even understand the the point or relevance of "prepared" and I think the star is incredibly small-time and just represents our obsession with the past that unfortunately just isn't that important anymore and is just a reminder of how "last year" we are.

Other clubs have their stars on their badge Spoony and I would like us to continue to show our one as well. :)

I agree this is not currently a crucial issue and we do/will have other priorities in the years between now and any change being made to it but I do care about the badge on our shirt and we should all be prepared to be proud of our history albeit not obsessed by it.    

• Like 1

Dimitri posted about 30 different mockups several years ago, before the current one was released, and there were some absolute gems among them. Most were of the shield variety, which I quite like, personally. They were smart, sharp, modern, had the full name, the motto, etc. The old circular one is great, but it's dated. A little sprucing up would do it good. The current one is a mess, and hopefully Fox sees the folly in abbreviating the nicest name in world football.

• Like 1

Â