The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/23/dominic-cummings-launches-attack-on-boris-johnson?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_b-gdnnews&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1619197571

Dominic Cummings has launched an unprecedented and extraordinary attack on Boris Johnson, alleging that the prime minister tried to quash a leak inquiry as it implicated an ally, and hatched a “possibly illegal” plan for donors to pay to renovate his flat.

The outburst by Cummings, a day after anonymous No 10 sources claimed he had leaked private text messages between Johnson and the billionaire James Dyson, prompted Labour to accuse the government of “fighting each other like rats in a sack”.

Hahahah!

33 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Imagine the diseased mind that thinks in a polling booth "Those guys. They seem like the right sort of emotionally stable, competent people that should be in charge of everything".

And (with apologies for the self-quote) imagine the diseased mind that thought in Downing Street "That guy. The one whose entire life has been a history of petty fights with people. Yes, him. The one with lots of shit on our corrupt behaviour, and nothing to lose if he tells everyone. Let's pick a petty fight with that guy"

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

And (with apologies for the self-quote) imagine the diseased mind that thought in Downing Street "That guy. The one whose entire life has been a history of petty fights with people. Yes, him. The one with lots of shit on our corrupt behaviour, and nothing to lose if he tells everyone. Let's pick a petty fight with that guy"

Doesn't seem to matter. The news I heard on the radio tonight mentioned Cummins but only in so far as he denied being the source of the leak "either, directly or indirectly." The rest of the story wasn't even news

And don't forget, the public actally hates Cummins, so they just won't believe a word he says. They didn't believe him in the garden and they certainly don't believe him now

Worth reading the whole thing.

Cummings’s Blog

3. Re the flat. The Prime Minister’s DOC has also made accusations regarding me and leaks concerning the PM’s renovation of his flat. The PM stopped speaking to me about this matter in 2020 as I told him I thought his plans to have donors secretly pay for the renovation were unethical, foolish, possibly illegal and almost certainly broke the rules on proper disclosure of political donations if conducted in the way he intended. I refused to help him organise these payments. My knowledge about them is therefore limited. I would be happy to tell the Cabinet Secretary or Electoral Commission what I know concerning this matter.

The tories are **** lucky 95% of the news media are covering for them.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

Doesn't seem to matter. The news I heard on the radio tonight mentioned Cummins but only in so far as he denied being the source of the leak "either, directly or indirectly." The rest of the story wasn't even news

And don't forget, the public actally hates Cummins, so they just won't believe a word he says. They didn't believe him in the garden and they certainly don't believe him now

Oh sure. Won't change anything. Nobody is going to reel in shock at the weird goblin creature suddenly saying that the corrupt bloke is corrupt. 

But then...that's the same for literally every Tory scandal isn't it? Johnson could dig up and eat the Queen Mother and your average Brexit dimwit is still going to vote for him. And unfortunately we're a country of Brexit dimwits now.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looks like the media are turning on this one - the papers love a Tories at War story.

Maybe scandal no. 92 of this year will finally be the one that sticks?

It won’t stick, Boris will say something that stirs people up and attention is diverted.

Are people forgetting that the number of people who don’t give a crap and probably even relate to and admire how the Tories do their business outnumber the rest of us? If a majority are like minded then it’s business as normal. 

Also re: Cummins. It’s probably all orchestrated by himself and BoJo’s PR team anyway to get sympathy for the Party as everyone hates Dom. It’s that deep level stuff that governs everything. All part of the plan. 

Edited by Ingram85

3 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

ANTISEMITISM LOOK OVER THERE

The difficulty with that is that the papers are all covering the Tory war with each other. They’re not “ooh, look over there” are they?

Some of them will never be Labour friendly, but whether it’s Labour anti-semitism, Tory fighting over leaks and sleaze, they cover it.

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

The difficulty with that is that the papers are all covering the Tory war with each other. They’re not “ooh, look over there” are they?

Some of them will never be Labour friendly, but whether it’s Labour anti-semitism, Tory fighting over leaks and sleaze, they cover it.

Shame they didn’t focus on important issues back at the last general election, anybody would think the Labour Party were the ones in charge and Tories were the upstarts kicking the evil power hungry Labour Party out. We are years away from an election where the shift will happen again and they will focus on tackling the opposition.

Too little too late.

Imagine being a newspaper editor, being called by the current PM personally to leak some trivial shit, and then running whatever nonsense he leaked rather than the story that the PM is ringing newspapers trying to get bullshit into the paper.

• Like 4

Â