The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

About the Boris being racist thing I started in the wrong thread. I wasn’t trying to defend him as such. He is stupid for saying the things he said over the years. But I genuinely think a lot of things he has said are in the minds of a lot of people. They just keep these comments and thoughts to themselves or in small circles. 

Also a lot of his racist comments seem to have been directed towards fundamental Islam. Yet apparently 25% of UK Muslims voted for the Conservative party in the election.  If he was that much of a racist person I doubt that number would have been that high. 

Maybe the term ‘racist’ has become too broad for society and we need some words to define the level of how racist the person is. Just being racist doesn’t seem to matter to the majority these days. 

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Also a lot of his racist comments seem to have been directed towards fundamental Islam. Yet apparently 25% of UK Muslims voted for the Conservative party in the election.  If he was that much of a racist person I doubt that number would have been that high. 

And loads of poor working class northerners voted Conservative, too. 

Cognitive dissonance. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

About the Boris being racist thing I started in the wrong thread. I wasn’t trying to defend him as such. He is stupid for saying the things he said over the years. But I genuinely think a lot of things he has said are in the minds of a lot of people. They just keep these comments and thoughts to themselves or in small circles. 

We have many closeted bigots in this country unfortunately.

On 31/03/2020 at 21:26, snowychap said:

Yuck.

Though I'm sure there's at least one VTer whose ears have pricked up at the prospect.

Edit: I can't remember who - they'll out themselves shortly, no doubt.

It was Dennis, he's from the Isle of Wight, you now have enough evidence to draw your own conclusions

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That's not an excuse.

That just means that as well as being racist, he's also stupid enough to not know when to keep those racist views to himself.

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's not an excuse.

That just means that as well as being racist, he's also stupid enough to not know when to keep those racist views to himself.

Yet he managed to become prime minister. Crazy! 

Closet racists may as well be more open if it gets you to the top.  

51 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yet he managed to become prime minister. Crazy! 

Closet racists may as well be more open if it gets you to the top.  

Being racist doesn't get you to the top. But certain other factors mean that a lot of people will look past your blatant racism and still elect you.

I'm not sure what your argument is here.

If you're trying to say Boris Johnson isn't racist, then you're quite frankly wrong.
If you're trying to say he says what a lot of other people think. Then you're probably right. But that's doesn't make it ok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Being racist doesn't get you to the top. But certain other factors mean that a lot of people will look past your blatant racism and still elect you.

I'm not sure what your argument is here.

If you're trying to say Boris Johnson isn't racist, then you're quite frankly wrong.
If you're trying to say he says what a lot of other people think. Then you're probably right. But that's doesn't make it ok.

I think he’s as racist as you and me are mate. Doesn’t make it right. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he’s as racist as you and me are mate. Doesn’t make it right. 

Excuse me?! Speak for yourself.

I can comfortably and honestly say I am considerably less racist than Boris Johnson. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Excuse me?! Speak for yourself.

I can comfortably and honestly say I am considerably less racist than Boris Johnson. 

Of course you can. Hats off to you. Just don't think all those people you don’t have a racist opinion of think the same way about you. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Of course you can. Hats off to you. Just don't think all those people you don’t have a racist opinion of think the same way about you. 

I don't know what this means

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't know what this means

If you had a friend that wasn’t white you might get what I mean.

Anyway you said yourself you were less racist then Boris Johnson so at least you acknowledged you were still racist. As we all are. 

Have a good weekend mate.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If you had a friend that wasn’t white you might get what I mean.

Anyway you said yourself you were less racist then Boris Johnson so at least you acknowledged you were still racist. As we all are. 

Have a good weekend mate.

Genuinely don't know what you're on about :D 

You've gone from claiming Boris Johnson isn't racist, to I'm as racist as Boris Johnson to now I don't have any non-white friends. 

I wasn't making any massive claims here. Just that Boris Johnson is racist. And I consider myself less racist than him.

I have plenty of non-white friends. Not that I see how that has any relevance to what we were discussing. Why has this become a discussion on me being racist? :D 

Â