The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

that's a little selective isn't it ?  .. it was an amendment tabled by Corbyn that was designed to vote down the Queens Speech ,  no government would ever vote for an opposition amendment and had it passed It could  potentially have brought down the government

So , I don't think anyone was cheering the blocking of pay rises for nurses  , though it goes without saying they could have perhaps foregone the usual HofC cheering a bill being defeated in this instance

It's one of the flawed parts of our parliament. All parties do it in opposition - opposition day votes, amendments which they know either have no actual meaning, or which in the wider context can't be passed, but they then use the clips and voting records to "discredit" MPs or parties or etc.

And you're right too that the tories cheering is an awful look.

But regardless of this staged amendment vote, it's true the tories have basically been vile and neglectful to the NHS staff over an extended period.

Trivia question for the politics nerds:

Rishi Sunak's current favourability is apparently around 60% with the public according to YouGov. 

That's the highest for any UK politician from any party since Tony Blair, apart from one person at one particular time.

Who?

20 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Rishi Sunak's current favourability is apparently around 60% with the public according to YouGov. 

That's the highest for any UK politician from any party since Tony Blair, apart from one person at one particular time.

Who?

Robin Cook?

36 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Who?

Boris Johnson during the Olympics?

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm guessing around the time of the 'I agree with Nick' TV debate a couple of weeks before the 2010 election.

Indeed. The photo was chosen to show both the person and pretty much the minute that the question refers to.

When some runner in the Lib Dem campaign suggested that looking at the camera might be a game-changer.

Edited by ml1dch

Try not to play politics with their lies during this difficult time.

I’m convinced they literally can’t help themselves, it’s just a compulsion from somewhere to just lie about anything. It is truly weird, it’s like they just cannot, absolutely can not tell a straight fact in correct context.

• Like 1

I reckon they were informed by their advisers, who most likely said 'we are running at a capacity of 10k tests' and Gove and Hancock simply run with the story without giving it too much thought.

It's a faux pas, nothing more.

I would much rather give this one to common negligence and lack of understanding rather than openly and intently lying to the public.

Not a good look though.

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I would much rather give this one to common negligence and lack of understanding rather than openly and intently lying to the public.

I'd rather do the same, unfortunately those in charge of the current Government have a long track of openly and intently lying to the public.

So it's much harder to give them that benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 4

Â