The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I reckon they were informed by their advisers, who most likely said 'we are running at a capacity of 10k tests' and Gove and Hancock simply run with the story without giving it too much thought.

It's a faux pas, nothing more.

I would much rather give this one to common negligence and lack of understanding rather than openly and intently lying to the public.

Not a good look though.

If it was some of the time, yes. But its all the time on everything.

If its poor advice, change the advisors.

They lie. I can’t explain why, but they lie.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I reckon they were informed by their advisers, who most likely said 'we are running at a capacity of 10k tests' and Gove and Hancock simply run with the story without giving it too much thought.

I would much rather give this one to common negligence and lack of understanding rather than openly and intently lying to the public.

Not a good look though.

Much like the deleted/missed email from last week.

They are liars. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Not a good look though.

No, it's something more. We need to be testing a very large amount more people than we are currently achieving. They are trying to gloss their failure to set up an adequate testing regime - more than a week after Johnson said we would soon be testing 25,000 people per day - as a success, when it clearly isn't. That is misleading the public, and unfortunately, it is very likely to be prolonging the lockdown too.

Exercise Cygnus uncovered: the pandemic warnings buried by the government   

Exercise Cygnus dramatically exposed the gaps in Britain’s pandemic response but its ‘terrifying’ findings have yet to be published

The first cases of the virus had been confirmed in south east Asia two months previously. Britain reported its first cases, imported from returning travellers, a month later. Now there was widespread and sustained domestic transmission and the World Health Organization (WHO) had declared a global pandemic.

But it was not the pandemic itself that was causing those gathered in Whitehall to grimace but the nation’s woeful preparation. The peak of the epidemic had not yet arrived but local resilience forums, hospitals and mortuaries across the country were already being overwhelmed. 

There was not enough personal protective equipment (PPE) for the nation's doctors and nurses. The NHS was about to “fall over” due to a shortage of ventilators and critical care beds. Morgues were set to overflow, and it had become terrifyingly evident that the government’s emergency messaging was not getting traction with the public.

This was a drill. Code-named Exercise Cygnus, it took place in October 2016 and involved all major government departments, the NHS and local authorities across Britain. The modelling for the outbreak was prepared by the same team that is tracking the all-too-real Covid-19 pandemic now. And as the Sunday Telegraph reveals, it showed gaping holes in Britain’s Emergency Preparedness, Resilience and Response (EPRR) plan.

The only significant difference between the test drill and the pandemic we now face is that Cygnus was assumed to be the H2N2 influenza virus, while Covid-19 is a coronavirus. Both spread rapidly and kill by causing acute respiratory illness.

There is one other difference. While the real Covid-19 epidemic is being played out in public, the report detailing the findings of Exercise Cygnus have never seen the light of day. A senior former government source with direct involvement in the exercise said they were deemed “too terrifying” to be revealed. Others involved cited “national security” concerns.    

“There has been a reluctance to put Cygnus out in the public domain because frankly it would terrify people,” said the former senior government source yesterday.

“It’s right to say that the NHS was stretched beyond breaking point [by Cygnus]. People might say we have blood on our hands but the fact is that it’s always easier to manage the last outbreak than the one coming down the track. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.”

Telegraph

Nonsensical quote from the 'senior government source', since the dry run provided some foresight.

The Tory filth have managed to top the disastrous consequences of cancelling the flood defence works, after just a few weeks!

• Like 2

Another day, another tory minister pops up on the TV to tell lies that are easily found out.

Not something debatable or open to interpretation, just lying all the time for no clear reason.

What the hell is wrong with these people? 

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

She’s disguising her stripper pole 

Yuck.

Though I'm sure there's at least one VTer whose ears have pricked up at the prospect.

Edit: I can't remember who - they'll out themselves shortly, no doubt.

Edited by snowychap

12 hours ago, snowychap said:

Yuck.

Though I'm sure there's at least one VTer whose ears have pricked up at the prospect.

Edit: I can't remember who - they'll out themselves shortly, no doubt.

I think I can remember who it was, but I shan't say so we avoid another round of leching over Priti Patel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â