The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

No disputing that they have the right to be there and make whatever sound they want, but absolutely none of CNN's coverage needed to be held outdoors last night, so I don't really see the point in doing so. 

[trump]Stop watching CNN.[/trump]

:D

Brecon and Radnor report: Most of the Chris Davies signs are in farmers fields, as many LibDem ones in Farmers fields too 50/50 on that. LibDem signs in actual houses outweigh Tory ones 10 to 1 I’d say. Saw Brexit Party in Builth and just as we were about to stop in Talgarth for lunch we spotted some in the Castle Hotel window too, we drove on to Crickhowel.Not giving Brexit twunts my money! Labour not one sign though we didn’t go near the Brecon end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh forgot, one farm has switched allegiance in B&R from Green to Tory. I can only imagine it’s either changed hands or a fit of pique at the Greens not standing. It’s literally on the northern edge of the constituency between Llangurig and Rhayader. Odd because there is always green stuff in his field/cliff face election or not

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Slightly OT but am I the only one wondering why someone is playing the Imperial March from Star Wars really badly on a xylophone in the background of that interview?

They may be Scottish.  It's become a thing that whenever Westminster tories descend on a Scottish city and do a walkabout, they are followed by someone from the nationalist community playing that tune.  Perhaps it's spreading beyond Scotland.

Why a xylophone?  No idea.  But sometimes if you leave the house in a rush, a xylophone may be the only instrument you have to hand.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, peterms said:

But sometimes if you leave the house in a rush, a xylophone may be the only instrument you have to hand.

Personally I never leave home without one ...

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, snowychap said:

A doomster and a gloomster and necessarily so seeing the Ministry of all the Talentless (not my phrase) that has been unleashed.

Such a bunch of mendacious, self-serving disgraces has rarely been gathered in one room as happpened when the Cabinet got together today.

To be fair you do moan whoever is in charge.

It probably will be shit but let's give the guy a chance

Hitchens on Johnson

...What I noticed about Mr. Johnson very early on was just how much of an act he was. The first time you heard a speech by “Boris,” you chortled a lot. The second time, you chortled a little less. The third time, not at all. But his reputation as a Wodehousian genius means that he need only say “good afternoon” to a room full of elderly Conservatives (almost the only kind of Conservative there is in modern Britain), and they will begin wheezing with mirth and mopping their rheumy eyes.

Examined with a cold, unkind gaze (of the sort that I have), he has little to say, and much of it is socially liberal. He is a kind of Etonian Tony Blair, onto whom people project desires and beliefs at will. There is no actual connection between these projections and the man himself. If he is Wodehousian, he is the slightly sinister, conspiratorial Jeeves—not the harmless Bertie Wooster he would have us think him to be. During our little plot years ago I noticed just how professionally clued up he was on the intricate, wearisome, humiliating processes by which a normal human being can become a Member of Parliament. In this respect, there was nothing bumbling about him at all. Oddly, he seems much more professional about winning power than about using it—as if the power itself was the thing he desired, rather than the ability to use it for any particular purpose...

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

There's a guy just applied for the top job in our office.

All the references say he's a liar and a cheat that makes stuff up. 

Everyone that's previously worked with him says he has no attention to detail and lets others do all the work.

My house and my livelihood depends on this business. I've said we should give him a chance.

Any politicians that are not liars? I haven't come across one that hasn't yet.

I'm not saying Johnson' is  going to be good or any better but let's see What he can do before we start moaning about every person that gets into power! Getting a bit tiresome seeing constant moaning before even given a chance.

One thing I do like so far is that he isn't willing to be bullied by EU. Hopefully something can be done to make all our lives easier.

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

To be fair you do moan whoever is in charge.

It probably will be shit but let's give the guy a chance

Largely because they're shit.

You give this guy 'a chance' and he'll **** half your family and **** over the other half.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm not saying Johnson' is  going to be good or any better but let's see What he can do before we start moaning about every person that gets into power! Getting a bit tiresome seeing constant moaning before even given a chance.

It's not 'moaning' - it's criticism.

It's criticism based on who he is, what he plans to do and who he has appointed to help him do that.

If you don't like that criticism then respond to it. Just saying 'give him a chance' is worse than tiresome.

• Like 4

Â