The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

41 minutes ago, bickster said:

Delayed indefinitely this time I thought I read. Can kicked from one end the motorway to the other, maybe someone explained what a VPN is

Don't complicate further FFS,  they will all claim to have main lined VPN in College and are only sniffing it now and then.  Its neither an upper or downer,  more sideways.  

• Haha 1

This is the big story this week for me, since the Tories clocking up a hat-trick of the worst PMs in modern history is a given.

NHS patients are being charged as much as £8,500 for operations at a UK hospital, sparking outrage and claims "privatisation is already here".

Patients have raised concerns over the cost of surgeries under the My Choice programme at NHS Warrington and Halton Hospitals Trust.

They must pay just under £8,500 for revision of knee replacement surgery, £7,000 for hip replacement surgery or hip resurfacing, and £2,000 for a circumcision.

The Trust introduced the My Choice system in 2013 for patients who had been denied varicose vein procedures, but it had since been expanded to include several more operations, the Liverpool Echo reports...

... Local residents have expressed concern over the prices, with one woman writing on Facebook : "Privatisation is already here.

"Several of the operations I've had are listed including a knee arthroscopy I had a few years ago when I couldn't work for months."

She wrote that she was "horrified" to see treatment for heavy menstrual bleeding on the list, describing the whole move as "immoral".

Another person wrote: "So no knee/hip replacements for those that genuinely need them? No D&C (dilation and curettage) for those unfortunate to miscarry? Barbaric."

The Trust insisted My Choice offers an "affordable, self-pay" service for patients denied NHS procedures classified by commissioners to be "low clinical priority".

It said it is not a private patients service, adding: "All procedures are carried out as part of the Trust’s normal elective programme."

It also said: "Originally created in 2013 to enable patients denied varicose vein procedures, the service has been significantly extended to include the large number of procedures no longer available on the NHS.

"As well as enabling affordable, convenient access for our patients, this will enable the Trust to make use of spare capacity and will generate additional income for the hospitals."

There are further privatisation fears concerning Halton General Hospital.

Mirror

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Javids out.

Just quit already gove and hunt even with your combined votes it's not enough to beat Boris. 

This is such a waste of time

Not relevant. The party vote on the top two, not the MPs. The current fight is come to second to be in the play off final for the ultimate prize.

It is a waste of time however, they could have done it by STV and had just one vote with the top two going through for the whole party to vote on. It would have saved two weeks of bullshit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Arms Sales to Saudi Arabia deemed illegal, which if memory serves me correctly was signed off by none other than Boris as FS. He probably said F*** human rights as he did so, not that the 160,000 Tory throbbers will care

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not relevant. The party vote on the top two, not the MPs. The current fight is come to second to be in the play off final for the ultimate prize.

It is a waste of time however, they could have done it by STV and had just one vote with the top two going through for the whole party to vote on. It would have saved two weeks of bullshit

Yep two weeks of bullshit just get on with the job ffs

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep two weeks of bullshit just get on with the job ffs

Result not expected until the end of July!!!!

Plenty more bullshit to come especially as Boris will be one of them barring him shagging the Queen whilst juggling a fresh litter of beagle pups with a lenin style hat on and even then....

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Just four weeks of the head to head to go, then...

I think I prefer a no deal brexit to the coming month. A few weeks of those two knobheads talking themselves up, spouting absolute horseshit and generally lying and proving they know sod all might make me blow my brains out

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Just four weeks of the head to head to go, then...

Until we get to the inevitable conclusion 

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Until we get to the inevitable conclusion 

Johnson becoming leader of the Tory party would be merely the start of things.

Would May be confident in recommending him as the next PM?

If she did, would he immediately lose a (FTPA) Vote of Confidence? If his campaign in the next four weeks stresses the No Deal part then I think that likely.

I couldn't see Johnson resigning (he's not giving up that baby on day one) so I think he'd go the Leadsom route in the 14 days and try and cling on.

Bicks's metaphorical gun will probably be needed by us all.

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

Johnson becoming leader of the Tory party would be merely the start of things.

Would May be confident in recommending him as the next PM?

If she did, would he immediately lose a (FTPA) Vote of Confidence? If his campaign in the next four weeks stresses the No Deal part then I think that likely.

I couldn't see Johnson resigning (he's not giving up that baby on day one) so I think he'd go the Leadsom route in the 14 days and try and cling on.

Bicks's metaphorical gun will probably be needed by us all.

I don't see why May wouldn't recommend him, or why he would immediately lose a VoC. If there does end up being a split, it will probably happen in October. 

On 19/06/2019 at 11:23, Xann said:

She profits personally from the deaths of Yemeni children, directs illegal government action to facilitate and encourage this, and regularly has herself photographed attending church on Sundays.

It appears that neither her party nor her church have a problem with this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Â