The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

About the dim pointlessness of promising a renegotiation? Yes, of course he is. 

About parliament? Who knows, but almost certainly.

You think the eu will change their stance? Very unlikely in my view. Stewart talks the most sense.

In order of performance I would say

Stewart, hunt, javid, Boris and gove 

8 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Did Jeremy Hunt just indirectly say that because his mixed race children don't get bullied at their expensive private school, that therefore in Britain racism doesn't exist? 

Pretty much.

I suppose it took the focus away from him admitting that, whilst 'in charge of the Health Service', he was part of a Government responsible for cuts to social care that 'went too far'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

You think the eu will change their stance? Very unlikely in my view. Stewart talks the most sense.

Of course they won't. There's nothing to change. There's nobody in Brussels anymore to talk to about changing it. And no time in which to do so if there were.

And even if those three things weren't the case, there would still be no interest at all on their part in repeating the same conversations. 

• Like 2

The whole 'why won't the EU renegotiate now we have new people in charge' bit is bizarre. 

Have the things the EU wants changed? No. Have the Tories changed what they want? No. Are the Tories willing to make any concessions, to get some of what they want? No, they want to make fewer concessions thank you very much. 

What on Earth is there to talk about?

• Like 2

Average Joe on the street that doesn't know anything about the world or politics like the idea of 'being tough' on things and 'getting a deal'. Simple concepts most people can understand. Being tough and getting deals. Everything in-between is white noise. Forget what they actually do. It's the vacuoussound bites that matter. 

The bit when Gove went off about Jeremy Corbyn was **** embarrassing. He had rehearsed that in the mirror, he must have looked tough when he practiced. On reality he just came across as a massive word removed.

Although in fairness, they all are. I particularly like Rory Stewart's tactic of pretending to be less of a word removed than the rest of them. Not a hard strategy to pull off mind, but an effective one. 

This country is a depressing mess. 

We're ****. 

• Like 3

A shocking price list for an NHS hospital has sparked patient fears that 'privatisation is already here.'

Patients have expressed concerns at the price list now in place at NHS Warrington and Halton Hospitals Trust - which means patients now paying as much as £8,500 for some operations.

The Trust introduced the My Choice system in 2013, initially just for patients who had been denied varicose vein proceedures.

But from 2018, the list of procedures being marketed for thousands of pounds has become hugely extended - to include operations like knee and hip replacements, hernia treatments, carpal tunnel operations, steroid injections and even treatment for heavy menstrual bleeding.

The Trust says its My Choice service offers an 'affordable, self-pay' service for patients denied NHS procedures classified by commissioners to be 'low clinical priority.'

It adds: "Originally created in 2013 to enable patients denied varicose vein procedures, the service has been significantly extended to include the large number of procedures no longer available on the NHS.

"As well as enabling affordable, convenient access for our patients, this will enable the Trust to make use of spare capacity and will generate additional income for the hospitals."

NHS hospital charges

A sample of the procedures being marketed is below:

Revision of knee replacement surgery - £8,447

Hip replacement surgery - £7,060

Hip resurfacing - £7,060

Circumcision - £2,000

Removal of haemorrhoidal skin tags - £1,319

Consultations - £180

Removal of adenoids - £1,931

Ear pinning - £2,331

Surgical treatment of hernias without symptoms - £2,541

Dilation and curettage - £1,187

Liverpool Echo

Golly. That's a surprise.

As Irish man looking in from outside , sat and watched the so called debate, just to start want to say I think borris is a complete idiot and wouldn't let him manage a local McDonald's never mind one of most important economies in the world but was very surprised at how the woman who was leading the debate was targeting him at every opportunity, surely in a public forum like this , the presenter must stay impartial or unbiased

5 minutes ago, pete101 said:

As Irish man looking in from outside , sat and watched the so called debate, just to start want to say I think borris is a complete idiot and wouldn't let him manage a local McDonald's never mind one of most important economies in the world but was very surprised at how the woman who was leading the debate was targeting him at every opportunity, surely in a public forum like this , the presenter must stay impartial or unbiased

Boris is the runaway front runner and has run a campaign of keeping his head down and mouth shut. I would be surprised if he didn't get a harder time than the others.

• Like 1

Ah, so the anti-Stewart campaign is coming from the Craig Murray lot?

Craig Murray's acolytes and The Torygraph's editorial team - now there's some strange bedfellows, to be sure.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Â