The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Boris Johnson ‘said f*** the families’ of 7/7 terror attacks’

Boris Johnson launched a ‘foul-mouthed tirade’ towards the families of the victims of the 7/7 terror attacks after being told about the cost of inquests, it has been alleged. The claims were made last night by Brian Coleman, who was chair of the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority.

Following the briefing, Mr Coleman said Guto Harri, the Mayor’s communications chief at the time, explained the 7/7 inquests were for the benefit of the families. Mr Coleman added: ‘To which Boris replied, “F*** the families! F*** the families!

But yesterday Mr Harri said of Mr Johnson’s remark: ‘I didn’t hear him say it. ‘It’s not the kind of thing he would say, so I think it’s extremely unlikely.’

Metro (more on link)

Hands up those who believe Guto Harri? That has to be the most typical Boris thing to say. people who usually defend him do so with a "yes but thats Boris" kind oif line, it's not worth the flat out refusal, no-one would believe it and I very much doubt many do here

• Like 4

Hmm that debate-

Gove is  a absolute poumpous skidmark that is so unlikable if elected u think Corbyn would win next election by a landslide.

Hunt sends me to sleep.

Raab just talking in riddles and looks like a big bag of puff.

Only jarvid and Stewart - the latter being at least honest with us unlike the rest of them. He looks a bit weak though I don't think he would be able to stand up for us as he looks already defeated. 

I'd say javid is the best candidate for pm.

Johnson is a complete coward for not participating. Does not feel me with confidence he could stand up for us if he is too scared to appear on a tv debate with members of his own party

Edited by Demitri_C

I really struggle to see what Lidington's endorsement does for Stewart. Lidington is a quiet figure in the party, who is 'most well known' for being May's deputy, anything May currently being poisonous. He's respected by a few figures in the party but his support isn't going to sway much of the membership. Most won't even know who he is.

Methinks a few in the media would like Stewart to be doing better than he is. He's the least completely nuts of the names left but he's still a Tory, and he's still for Brexit, and he's not mental enough to win against Boris in the current climate.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I really struggle to see what Lidington's endorsement does for Stewart.

Agreed, It's like the kiss of death. I just didn't understand why he'd even contemplate talking up someone he wants to succeed.

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've never seen anyone more vapid than this Stewart. I see he's come out today with a plan to reintroduce National Service, because of course he has. 

As shown above, he has an identical voting record to the others on all sorts of issues.

His pitch is simply being a slightly more engaging oppressor than eg Johnson or "Hunt".

It doesn't help him that he looks too young to be served in pubs.  However,  since he's a spy, perhaps he will liven up the campaign by havibg his spy mates release some of the stuff they have on that arse Johnson.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Here's the thing with the Rory Stewart flavoured shit sandwich.

It's got a slightly different advert to the other shit sandwiches.

But it's still a shit sandwich.

That'll be the Helmand Mayonaise

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, bickster said:

Agreed, It's like the kiss of death. I just didn't understand why he'd even contemplate talking up someone he wants to succeed.

I can only assume he thinks his endorsement will inspire or draw the more sober Tories to Stewart's cause.

Unfortunately for him and Stewart he seems to have misread things severely badly. The situation, the fact that nobody really knows who Lidington actually is so his endorsement isn't exactly a boon, that a lot of the people who do know who he is are going to associate him with a disastrous regime, and only further push the idea that Stewart is basically offering to run with May's ball again... Stewart isn't what the Tories want and Lidington isn't going to help persuade them otherwise.

• Like 1

Rory Stewart was interviewed on the Today programme this morning.  The interviewer asked him if the law allowed him to answer honestly is he was asked whether he was a spy.  His answer: "No."  Next question, something like "If I asked you whether you had been a spy..."  "I would say no".

Five minutes later, BBC news headlines report that Stewart denies having been a spy.  It's like the meaning of the entire exchange was just something we imagined, as though the coy, transparent nod-and-a-wink had no meaning.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Straggler said:

I wonder what they think JC will do that is worse than breaking up the Union, ruining the country financially and destroying the Tory party?

Break Up the Union, ruin the country financially and voting with the Tory Party and helping them remian an entity as that pretty much sums it up

• Like 1

Â