The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Just caught the end of a bit on Politics Live where the reporter said that this has been put on hold again (though they're still intending to bring it in).

And for more worrying thoughts, Tim Loughton (Tory backbencher - he of the Leadsom sing-a-long) suggested that this ought to be the first step of trying to bring in age-verification more widely on the internet.

And as we've seen Labour aren't averse to this either. A certain ex-director of Liberty was saying as much the other day.

• Like 1

On 25/03/2019 at 08:50, HanoiVillan said:

The Tories are institutionally Islamophobic

they probably are but I'd be inclined to give that claim more weight if the article wasn't written by a man who claimed Fireman Sam was Islamophobic  :)

All fun on twitter aside I fear we may be headed towards a copy of the US elections where, for reasons only known to the partys we end up with a choice between two of the least popular/ most divisive candidates out there :(

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The three front runners are hunt rudd, and Javid. Javid would be a good option I think.if it’s the other two god help us. Both as bad as may. Give would be worse than may

He's as much of a slapdick as the other two.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The three front runners are hunt rudd, and Javid. Javid would be a good option I think.if it’s the other two god help us. Both as bad as may. Give would be worse than may

Javid is a truly deep thinker.

He'd change immigration laws so people like his dad couldn't come here.

Just have a little think about that.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Javid is a truly deep thinker.

He'd change immigration laws so people like his dad couldn't come here.

Just have a little think about that.

Maybe he just doesn’t like his dad 

I’d be surprised if Jarvid won , I can’t see beyond Gove tbh and the fact he’s unpopular on VT just endears him to me even more :)

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Gove makes Corbyn look statesmanlike. 

I get the rhetoric and I wouldn’t for one second expect you to ever praise a Tory , but that isn’t really true (IMO at least )  , Gove is a good speaker and I think  he would engage in the political debate Corbyn asked for in his first speech as leader , I understand there is an element of control freak about him (yikes , we’ve seen how that works with May ) but i believe he is generally well respected within parliament indeed used to be referred to as the politest man in politics  .. it was said when he was education secretary  and Bousted, (head of the ATL uniin ) , was attacking him in the media , when she got married Gove sent her a card and present , to me that is statesmanlike 

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I get the rhetoric and I wouldn’t for one second expect you to ever praise a Tory , but that isn’t really true (IMO at least )  , Gove is a good speaker and I think  he would engage in the political debate Corbyn asked for in his first speech as leader , I understand there is an element of control freak about him (yikes , we’ve seen how that works with May ) but i believe he is generally well respected within parliament indeed used to be referred to as the politest man in politics  .. it was said when he was education secretary  and Bousted, (head of the ATL uniin ) , was attacking him in the media , when she got married Gove sent her a card and present , to me that is statesmanlike 

Sorry, no. He's a clearing in the woods. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Gove is a good speaker... it was said when he was education secretary

This is the Gove that when asked how he expected every school to better than average, said with a straight face, by trying harder and genuinely believed he'd made a great point

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

1. C'mon you aren't that short

2. I'd be delighted if Gove was Tory leader, Rees-Mogg would be my first choice though

Moggs surrender on Mays deal has killed Moggmentum , for the time being at least !!

i said the other day I’m not sure the public would take to Gove but I think you’d at least get a good TV debate between him and Corbyn , he definitely wouldn't run away from it like the Maybolt 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â