The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, snowychap said:

They could be awkward and decide to hide them around the Brecon Beacons in some sort of politics/orienteering crossover. :)

Well I guess they could get the SAS to do it out of Sennybridge camp, that should ensure they'd be lost forever. Stupid sods are always getting lost in the hills. We used to camp up in the Beacons and we were forever getting asked directions by soldiers, who appear to be the only people in the world that don't realise that roads and civilisation are at the bottom of valleys :mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

They could be awkward and decide to hide them around the Brecon Beacons in some sort of politics/orienteering crossover. :)

tbh Snowy a polling station at Llanwrtyd Wells is much the same thing :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just had a long phone chat with a canvasser for the tory party.

I suspect I may not get a follow up call.

Lots of questions on what I think of my local tory MP and why I would / wouldn't vote for him next time.

Random luck? Or just beginning to gear up for a GE option?

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Just had a long phone chat with a canvasser for the tory party.

I suspect I may not get a follow up call.

Lots of questions on what I think of my local tory MP and why I would / wouldn't vote for him next time.

Random luck? Or just beginning to gear up for a GE option?

I thought he was a close pal , what with him being the only other Barry Town Supporter :)

Just now, tonyh29 said:

I thought he was a close pal , what with him being the only other Barry Town Supporter :)

Not the only other apparently - tory local councillors have all started describing themselves as 'avid' supporters.

Clearly they think they've tapped in to something.

Trouble is, I can't find anyone that's ever seen any of them at a game. Gonna end up in a 'better fan than you' debate with tory councillors!

Little Alan is perfectly charming to talk to, he genuinely does attend games, and runs on the beach and drinks coffee in the local independent cafes. Such a shame he's tory scum.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

6a00d8346d963f69e201b7c9424c97970b-800wi

guess the total IQ of all 3

the IQ without Grayling would probably be higher

the telescope is perfect for a Grayling " I see no ships" gag

• Like 1

The cock on the other end of the photos also represents a welsh constituency and wants the welsh language taken off road signs 'as it could surprise tourists and cause accidents'.

Anyway, I've had a nice chat with the man from tory canvassing and we've agreed I probably won't be in camp Alan any time soon... 😇 [insertkennethwilliams]

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

The cock on the other end of the photos also represents a welsh constituency and wants the welsh language taken off road signs 'as it could surprise tourists and cause accidents'.

Anyway, I've had a nice chat with the man from tory canvassing and we've agreed I probably won't be in camp Alan any time soon... 😇 [insertkennethwilliams]

Typically they are in England looking away from Wales

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

To be fair, Grayling said he'd turned up without his passport. But he did comment that San Franciso looked a lot less built up than he'd expected.

I've just realised, The Tories named their whole philosophy after this meeting

5 hours ago, bickster said:

His farm is on the corner of the road that connects the Brecon Hay Rd to the Builth Wells Rd (not the shortcut one, the one if you're coming from Abergavenny)

His farm is one huge billboard come election time

Although to correct myself at the 2017 election (I forgot we had another one :D ) Mr Williams didn't stand. The Lib Dems put James Gibson-Watt up I believe. Perhaps that accounted for some of the Liberal vote slipping away as well as the Labour rise there. The small UKIP following appeared to go back to the Tories at the same time and he increased his majority. Very Pro-Leave whereas the Liberals found themselves arguing remain to unhappy farmers. And Mr Davies is well connected at the Royal Welsh Show which carries weight in farming circles.

If it's 10% of the registered electorate they'll be looking for it was a little over 56,000 2 years ago so around 5,601 signatures would be required. Turnout is usually around 70% or higher.

This all relates to £700 worth of invoices to some photographer in Brecon which he tried to fraudulently split in 2 creating 2 separate invoices if I've followed this story correctly. And I believe the system is confusing and he is a family man etc. Not that he doesn't have some expenses form....

During the 2017 election campaign, Davies was ordered to repay the cost of 7,500 House of Commons envelopes, costing £5,037.90, which he used to send surveys to his constituents, a week after the decision was taken to dissolve Parliament ahead of the general election. The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority ruled that Davies “could reasonably have foreseen that responses to the survey would not arrive in time for him to make use of them for parliamentary purposes”, and the content of the letter was “likely to be read as party political". Davies apologised and agreed to repay the costs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Davies_(Conservative_politician)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Reports spreading like wildfire of a Cabinet coup tonight, with the aim of replacing May with either Lidington or Gove.

What an absolute dearth of leadership we're enduring in this country.

Lidington is ok (ish). He at least isn't Gove or May.

Â