The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Hands up if, like me, you're a problem to society:

Unmarried Men Are ‘A Problem’ For Society, Says Tory MP Iain Duncan Smith

‘These boys’ will go looking for ‘the alternative on the internet’ if they don’t tie the knot, says IDS.

Unmarried men often grow into “dysfunctional” human beings and become “a problem” for society, Iain Duncan Smith has claimed.

Speaking at a fringe event at the Conservative Party conference in Manchester, the former Tory leader said that cohabiting couples have “inherently unstable” relationships in comparison to those who married.

He went on to claim men out of wedlock were “released to do all the things they wouldn’t normally do” such as committing crimes, drinking too much, taking drugs and fathering multiple children.“Cohabitation is a very different relationship from marriage,” he said. “It is inherently unstable.”

He went on: “The answer I think is because cohabitation suits one of the partners more than the other. Almost invariably it suits the man, because they have to make good on their commitment and when that commitment is facing them they then withdraw.”

He said unmarried men were more likely to get into debt and commit crimes, adding: “What has been going on all these years is the men that have been absent from these families in many of these low income groups are now a problem.

“They are out, no longer having to bring something in for their family, so they can be released to do all the things they wouldn’t normally do and shouldn’t do, so levels of addiction, levels of high criminal activity, issues around dysfunctional behaviour, multiple parenting – all those things are as a result of the un-anchoring of the young man to a responsibility that keeps them stable and eventually makes them more happy.”

:snip:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

You weren't merely trying to generalize about all Tories making reprehensible comments (though that again is pretty daft).

Rather than properly criticizing a specific Tory for what he said, you claimed that all Tories go around repeating a particular remark.

There's plenty to be critical about Tories in general and there's more than plenty to be critical about Boris in particular rather than try to take it down the path you have.

Ok fair point. However it was tongue in cheek and fairly representative of most other glib comments on here.

42 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

"Building a country that works for everyone",  they can't even make a sign for a few words removed successfully.

I don't know where you got that slogan from.  The official party slogan this year is shown below.

set.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, choffer said:

That's one tough round of snog, marry, avoid.

They actually look close to tears, especially Boris. :D

Let's not forget that this is the best they can offer in terms of personnel & intelligence, the very cream of the Tory crop.

They have all had privileges most of us could only dream of and they still turn out like this lot.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Let's not forget that this is the best they can offer in terms of personnel & intelligence, the very cream of the Tory crop.

They have all had privileges most of us could only dream of and they still turn out like this lot.  

I don't think it's the best they can offer in terms of personnel & intelligence, but yeah, nowhere near the cream of the Tory crop (an oxymoron anyway) more like hollow-eyed zombies IMO.  

They have all had privileges most of us could only dream of and so were bound to turn out like that lot.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don't think it's the best they can offer in terms of personnel & intelligence, but yeah, nowhere near the cream of the Tory crop (an oxymoron anyway) more like hollow-eyed zombies IMO.  

They have all had privileges most of us could only dream of and so were bound to turn out like that lot.

much as I find the class system snobbery amusing  , Hammond went to Shenfield School and was the son of a civil engineer , he's not even as privileged as Jeremy Prep School Corbyn best I can tell ?

41 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

much as I find the class system snobbery amusing  , Hammond went to Shenfield School and was the son of a civil engineer , he's not even as privileged as Jeremy Prep School Corbyn best I can tell ?

My dad went to the same school as Corbyn and I almost did. Thank god my parents came to their senses. 

Â