The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Question Time is car crash TV. I've not watched it for at least a year at this point, I found the urge to shout and throw things at the TV too difficult to resist and I can't afford to buy a new one.

It does reveal just how ignorant the UK is though.

I agree with your first sentence

I think your second sentence is wrong , but is kinda typical of the disdain some of the posters on here appear to have of  people born in this country   .... yesterday QT had a shouty man , I couldn't quite hear what he was shouting all the time but I don't think it was the rambling of a totally ignorant man  despite appearances  .... he had done some homework and he had a point to make .. the Woman whose bio said she was a comedian but failed to make anyone laugh , of course adopted the moral guardian reader high ground  , rather than engaging  ..who knows maybe she was right not to engage and just write him off .. but equally she shouldn't be surprised when people dismissed and denied a voice then turn towards the extreme

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I think your second sentence is wrong , but is kinda typical of the disdain some of the posters on here appear to have of  people born in this country   .... yesterday QT had a shouty man , I couldn't quite hear what he was shouting all the time but I don't think it was the rambling of a totally ignorant man  despite appearances  .... he had done some homework and he had a point to make .. the Woman whose bio said she was a comedian but failed to make anyone laugh , of course adopted the moral guardian reader high ground  , rather than engaging  ..who knows maybe she was right not to engage and just write him off .. but equally she shouldn't be surprised when people dismissed and denied a voice then turn towards the extreme

What about my third sentence? :)

I have disdain for ignorant people regardless of where they're born. Most of the QT audience is always right on walking tabloid front pages peppered with typical lefties and students. I can't say I much like either but at least the lefties and students normally have a slightly more progressive or nuanced outlook.

I told a lie about not seeing QT in a while, I caught the election special. With the gammon faced numpties demanding nukes be used. It's hard not too have disdain.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I don't like this suggestion to be honest. It's one I've had leveled at me in a much more extreme way by unpleasant Brexiteers. 

It goes hand in hand with being 'unpatriotic', 'hate Britain' and other such utter nonsense for having an opposing view. In a broader context it's a slippery slope to nationalism in my opinion. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I don't like this suggestion to be honest. It's one I've had leveled at me in a much more extreme way by unpleasant Brexiteers. 

It goes hand in hand with being 'unpatriotic', 'hate Britain' and other such utter nonsense for having an opposing view. In a broader context it's a slippery slope to nationalism in my opinion. 

that's not my intention ..... I'm not suggesting anyone is Ed Milibands father , I was just making an observation  ....

I was reading the Brexit thread yesterday and the comment was along the lines of I've lost a hard working top bloke from Bulgaria and I'll have to replace him with a lazy dishonest mercenary from the U.k ..another thread spoke about being ashamed to be British because an Iranian Dr got a go home letter (or **** off letter as I believe it was called :) ) ... distressing and unfortunate for the Dr , but google suggest 100 of these letters went out in error , it's hardly an indictment that Britain wants everyone to wear a yellow star and be shipped out the country. Brexit thread again , it's all the EU are these class negotiators and we are incompetent idiots who cant even tie our shoe laces (ok tbf that might be true with Davis)  .. but it's just the contempt because people exercised a right to vote where they wanted , but not where the other person wanted them to vote

I'm not asking everyone to wave the Union flag and sing the national anthem before breakfast  ... I'm just commenting that there seems to be so much disdain ... differences of opinion are fine , to be commended even .. it was commented about the lack of pro-Brexit responses in that thread , I got the feeling the pro people have been browbeaten and belittled  into not being arsed

Edited by tonyh29

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Britain is a bit shit though.

it is  .. and sure we may view Germany the way a 17 year old girl on holiday views a Spanish waiter and wants to run off and live with him .. but even your idyllic life in Germany ,or wherever else you run off to , is still going to be a bit shit as well

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I was reading the Brexit thread yesterday and the comment was along the lines of I've lost a hard working top bloke from Bulgaria and I'll have to replace him with a lazy dishonest mercenary from the U.k ..another thread spoke about being ashamed to be British because an Iranian Dr got a go home letter (or **** off letter as I believe it was called :) ) ... distressing and unfortunate for the Dr , but google suggest 100 of these letters went out in error , it's hardly an indictment that Britain wants everyone to wear a yellow star and be shipped out the country. Brexit thread again , it's all the EU are these class negotiators and we are incompetent idiots who cant even tie our shoe laces (ok tbf that might be true with Davis)  .. but it's just the contempt because people exercised a right to vote where they wanted , but not where the other person wanted them to vote

Blimey, if you're going to make a crass generalization then you should at least not mischaracterize some of the examples you use.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

... the lack of pro-Brexit responses in that thread. I got the feeling the pro people have been browbeaten and belittled  into not being arsed.

Not because they're becoming conscious that they've been sold a pup by a fascist former banker and a clown?

Might as well get used to it. The Remoaning will just get louder as the scale of the bitter fruit harvest becomes apparent.

• Like 2

Just now, Xann said:

Not because they're becoming conscious that they've been sold a pup by a fascist former banker and a clown?

Might as well get used to it. The Remoaning will just get louder as the scale of the bitter fruit harvest becomes apparent.

I can't speak for the 52% but I'd be surprised if anyone voted based on what an MP told them   ... The Sun or their mate Dave down the pub maybe  , but not an MP

tbf Cameron almost got me to vote remain, not from the TV shows , but from some other speech he gave  ... but an article I read , from an American economist I seem to recall , a week or so before voting day flipped me back to leave

Some woman on the daily politics from the Tories just stated that anything that involves the Government "Helping" people (Help to buy for example) is "Free" for them and the tax payer,  as they get the money back over time.  So that's how they cost things.  I get it now,  maybe.  It goes straight on the balance sheet she said.  Why don't they help more people if it is free ?

She is still on and would take a cyanide pill at this point if she had one.  She has no clue what is going on and is being destroyed, they should stop it to be honest.  Car crash does not do it justice.

I actually feel bad for her, the poor woman.

(Liz Trust?) 

6 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

She is still on and would take a cyanide pill at this point if she had one.  She has no clue what is going on and is being destroyed, they should stop it to be honest.  Car crash does not do it justice.

I actually feel bad for her, the poor woman.

(Liz Trust?) 

Liz Truss, is it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Some woman on the daily politics from the Tories just stated that anything that involves the Government "Helping" people (Help to buy for example) is "Free" for them and the tax payer,  as they get the money back over time.  So that's how they cost things.  I get it now,  maybe.  It goes straight on the balance sheet she said.  Why don't they help more people if it is free ?

I was building a flat pack coffee table at the time, she was absolutely dreadful 

Â