The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

and the other home nations… oh… 

If he’s counting on getting votes into double figures across the other 3 home nations he’s really not paying attention.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s downsides to wherever it is slotted in. 

wtf-runaway.gif

• Haha 2

If it is July the tories should pay for the election as they could have held in May and got it out of the way rather than stinking up the place for two more months.

I am still dubious unless Sunak has a nice job lined up in Silicon Valley with a  September start date and thought best to sack off his current gig.

Is Sunak thinking his plan to get inflation down is good enough for everyone to forgive them and vote for another 5 years of Tory rule?

The fact the “plan” was to do nothing is just a detail.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is Sunak thinking his plan to get inflation down is good enough for everyone to forgive them and vote for another 5 years of Tory rule?

Something I saw on Twitter, I forget posted by whom - but ignoring all the evidence around you, and assuming that because the data says that you are making things better, people will be grateful and thank you by voting for you again REALLY feels like the sort of thing that Sunak would think and do.

"Inflation is now back at the Bank of England's target, just like I wanted it to be! Now's the time to let the people show their appreciation for what I've managed to do!"

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Something I saw on Twitter, I forget posted by whom - but ignoring all the evidence around you, and assuming that because the data says that you are making things better, people will be grateful and thank you by voting for you again REALLY feels like the sort of thing that Sunak would think and do.

If they announce the GE date later I bet he mentions falling inflation in the same speech.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

If they announce the GE date later I bet he mentions falling inflation in the same speech.

If her annouces a GE later today, I'd expect most of what he says to be drowned out be celebrations

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

If he wants to draw attention to this then let the deluded prat carry on.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

Harsh. Inflation is down, the weather is getting nicer, flowers are blooming. All signs that Sunak's plan has started to pay off.

A vote for Labour in July would be catastrophic, and in a matter of months, autumn will set in.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

July 4th could get the bounce from England doing well in the euros.

Why, is Sunak playing up front?

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

and in a matter of months, autumn will set in.

It will if those summer ending Labour clearings in the woods get in. Summer forever with Tories!

Â