The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Also why isn’t Patrick Milford looking close to death, I mean he was a professor and head of the economics department at Liverpool when I was an undergraduate.

Some excellent, and very NSFW examples on Twitter of why it's a bad idea for people to post pictures of themselves holding a piece of paper that can be easily Photoshopped 

Is this not a little. bit embarrassing for Sunak & Cameron?

Former Prime Minister Boris Johnson flew to Venezuela last month for a private meeting with the country's President Nicolás Maduro.

The talks were unofficial and not paid for by the UK government, the BBC has been told. 

Mr Johnson's spokesman said it was to "emphasise the need for Venezuela to embrace a proper democratic process".

link

What if Boris Johnson PROMISED not to lie, cheat, steal, scam, con, break the law or generally abuse his power for personally gain… could they give him another chance?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Lee Anderson set to become the first Reform UK MP today apparently.

What was the offer in November, a payment equivalent of 2 years salary to move across? I’m sure that has nothing to do with it though. 

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

What was the offer in November, a payment equivalent of 2 years salary to move across? I’m sure that has nothing to do with it though. 

I doubt he's getting anything this time

If anyone can watch that London politics prog that comes on directly after Laura K on a Sunday, it really does have a good comedy moment. One Labour MP and one Tory MP, both women plus the interviewer. The interviewer is talking to the Labour woman about extremism, the Labour MP mentions Lee Anderson in passing, not really a major point and the Tory MP just blurts out "He was Wrong" as soon as the words Lee Anderson triggers her, she wasn't even being spoken to or speaking at the time, it was all very Pavlovian :D 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

he once called richard tice a "poundshop nigel farage" so he's off to a good start with his new leader

56 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Says he won't call a by-election as it would be "too expensive".

Of course, like clockwork:

The headline doesn't do justice what a psychopath this guy is. Not surprising in the least, though. So of course, he gets hundreds of millions of pounds in NHS contracts for his efforts (totally unrelated to the donations). And an OBE.

• Shocked 1

Ah so this is why they keep going on about conscription. Bang on for it long enough that the reaction becomes "well at least it isn't me..."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/03/11/turn-down-work-jobs-conscripted-military-army-drax-prison/

Young people who turn down several jobs should be conscripted for two years, a senior Conservative MP has said.

Richard Drax, a member of the Commons defence select committee, argued younger jobseekers in particular were “not prepared to contribute to our country” and that drafting them into the Armed Forces could ease the worklessness crisis.

More than nine million people of working age have dropped out of the jobs market, with at least five million of those claiming benefits.

In January, Downing Street was forced to rule out conscription after the head of the Army warned that British civilians would need to fight Russia in the event of a war.

Mr Drax, a former Army captain, told The House magazine: “In some cases, particularly among some of the young, they have got to a point where, for whatever reason, they’re not prepared to contribute to our country and to serve their country.

“If they can’t be encouraged to do that, then maybe we’ve got to a point where they should be told to do so.

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Ah so this is why they keep going on about conscription. Bang on for it long enough that the reaction becomes "well at least it isn't me..."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/03/11/turn-down-work-jobs-conscripted-military-army-drax-prison/

Oh my days.  His name is actually Richard Grosvenor Plunkett-Ernle-Erle-Drax. 😂😂😂😂

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Keep alienating every generation bar the soon to be dead. It’s a winning strategy if you’re a Not Tory

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The army will be absolutely chuffed to their tits to receive a wave of recruits that can’t be motivated to do anything.

Bit harsh, it'd be people that the DWP deem ineligible for work as well, so it's not just slackers, there'd be plenty of enthusiastic and well-meaning disabled soldiers to carry the load.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Sounds like he's being reading Putins guide to building an army, "shortened sentences for young offenders" if they agree to join, I quit at that point to keep my blood pressure under control. 

Edited by tinker

Don't worry guys when I was driving the other day they said on the radio we were dropping 2p off National Insurance contributions to encourage the jobless back in to work so it's a moot point.

As a former soldier, this is a terrible idea. Morale would be destroyed if you couldn't trust the people working with you, so conscripting people who don't want to be there would be ridiculous.

Soldiers take real pride in being professional. It would be devastating to undermine that.

• Like 3

Â